Home

PS3 Franchise, i gotta big problem...

This is a discussion on PS3 Franchise, i gotta big problem... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2008, 01:51 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 23
PS3 Franchise, i gotta big problem...

Hey guys,

i downloaded some updated rosters a few days ago, and i started my franchise with all 32 teams...

i'm only playing the Browns games...

anyway, i have a huge problem that i need help with...

Since pre season is over, i am ready to advance to the regular season but i can't because there are 14 teams, that are over the salary cap???

i know the source of the problem, the game is set to the 2004-05 salary cap of about 75 million, well, now its 2008 and the salary cap is up around 95 million...

so, with that being said, i was wondering if there was anyone out there that could take my ps2 save file, into the Finn editor and change the salary cap to whatever it is now in real life, then convert it back to a psv so my ps3 will read it, and then send it back to me...

i don't think there is a way for me to get all the teams under the cap, because, some teams like the Cardinals and Redskins are 20 million over the cap...

thanks...

psn - CeeGee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: PS3 Franchise, i gotta big problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
i know the source of the problem, the game is set to the 2004-05 salary cap of about 75 million, well, now its 2008 and the salary cap is up around 95 million...
you were close on the first number:
2004= 80.5M
2005= 85.5M
2006= 102.5M
2007= 109M
2008= 116.73M
Old 11-11-2008, 05:40 PM   #3
MVP

thanks,

so do you know anyone that can edit my franchise file, so that the salary cap is 116 million?

if not, i think i'm screwed...

psn - CeeGee
Old 11-11-2008, 05:56 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
thanks,

so do you know anyone that can edit my franchise file, so that the salary cap is 116 million?

if not, i think i'm screwed...
Actually, I think I'll just convert a new version of the file. I see the problem - the Cap is at 80.5 mil in Finn's editor. That can be changed for the PS2 (by anyone with the file and the editor), but PS3 requires a bit more work - the file has to be converted again with the adaptor. This cap issue looks to be the same with both mine and Steelersfan's franchise (the one mine is based off of).

Before I do this, Puja or Finn: Do you guys know of any other problems that crop up by changing the salary cap in the editor? Because it looks easy enough to fix... Also, will it still increase automatically each year if I edit it?
Old 11-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

no problems with just raising it. yes, IIRC it will automatically raise each subsequent year in franchise

you just have to decide what value you want to raise it to:
either 2008 116.73 <==this will initially result in gobs of cap space for everyone

or some other # as long as it's above the team w/ the highest salary total
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #6
MVP

i think if you raise it to 116 it will give everyone alot of cap space...

however, i know at the current cap of 80.5 teams like the Cardinals and Redskins are pushing 20 to 25 million over the cap... so, those teams will still be coming in close to the 116...

the other teams will have quite a bit of cash though...

i say we just raise it to 116, then maybe later we can figure out what to do with the player salaires...

psn - CeeGee
Old 11-11-2008, 06:19 PM   #7
MVP

Puja, i used your rosters to start my franchise... they are great btw, i really love them, everything seems to be pretty acurate...

i found another roster that i was going to use, but, alot of stuff was messed up like, Joe THomas being a 5 year pro and what not... Yours is very good, Great Job...

so, how are we gonna do this? are you just going to start a franchise with all 32 teams selected, with the fixed salary cap of 116million, and then post it here?

i'm playing on a ps3, is that going to be an issue...

psn - CeeGee
Old 11-11-2008, 06:21 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
no problems with just raising it. yes, IIRC it will automatically raise each subsequent year in franchise

you just have to decide what value you want to raise it to:
either 2008 116.73 <==this will initially result in gobs of cap space for everyone

or some other # as long as it's above the team w/ the highest salary total
Yeah I noticed that...bumped it up to 116M and every team was at least 40 mil under the cap.

I'm not sure why this is happening to the OP in the first place, though - I'm looking at all the team salary numbers in the editor and none are above the cap. It's also odd that this hasn't come up as a problem before now.

We know the contracts are off anyway, so I'd rather keep it scaled if I can - like Puja said, it'll just result in extremely high cap space for every team if I bump it to the real amount.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »