Home

Landry PBP name...

This is a discussion on Landry PBP name... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
Landry PBP name...

Is anyone havng problems with hearing his last name being called by the commentators? I ran back a kick return and heard the commentators say his name but then, I intercepted a pass and nothing at all. And I havent done any editing in-game whatsoever. I'm using my own roster file and wanted to know if anyone was having this problem.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Landry PBP name...

youre using "Mike Landry" for PBP with the checkbox, correct? i havent had any issues with this.

based on who im talking to im sure this isnt the case, but obviously if the last name is shared it wont work, & also i noticed that using draft class names (the ones w/o the * symbol that cannot be edited) makes PBP real iffy

Just curious... you have one of the Landry bros returning kicks, or is this someone else?
Old 11-12-2008, 12:38 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
youre using "Mike Landry" for PBP with the checkbox, correct? i havent had any issues with this.

based on who im talking to im sure this isnt the case, but obviously if the last name is shared it wont work, & also i noticed that using draft class names (the ones w/o the * symbol that cannot be edited) makes PBP real iffy

Just curious... you have one of the Landry bros returning kicks, or is this someone else?
Yeah, im using Mike Landry and have the box checked. I'm using my 2006 roster so there's only Dawan Landry in my file. I put him as a kick returner to see if the commentators would say the last name and they did but when I intercepted a pass and ran it back, there was nothing but silence and during the "action replay", they didnt mention the last name either.

UGH.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:22 AM   #4
MVP

that just sounds like a commentary hiccup if they didnt say anything during the replay

what i mean is, i have never had the jersey # spoken in place of Landry... both announcers have it programmed in & i'm pretty sure that's also true for the PA announcer & Chris Berman as well as Wingo & Kiper during SC segments
Old 11-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #5
MVP

FYI: if you are working out PBP, it's much easier to check it by just assigning the name in question to a defensive player & jumping offsides/encroaching

that way you can check 11 names in a few seconds, switch to the other squad & repeat... 22 names in like a min.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #6
Banned

I know about the off-sides trick as I remember reading about Slapnutz asking Finn if he could make every player a defensive player so he could test out all the PBP names faster.

Landry works at times and then doesnt work which is annoying as hell but it has been said so obviously it does work.

Thanks for the help puja.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:52 PM   #7
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Off topic as hell but how do you send an attachment in a p.m.??

I know I've done it before, did they change it?
Old 11-12-2008, 07:16 PM   #8
Banned

I may be wrong but I dont think you can send an attachment in a PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »