Home

Solution to Xport "drag and drop" issue with Vista

This is a discussion on Solution to Xport "drag and drop" issue with Vista within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Icon3 Solution to Xport "drag and drop" issue with Vista

Okay, if this is already well known and I just couldn't find it (tried search) then Mods, feel free to delete or lock this. I've read that a lot of people are having trouble dragging and dropping files using Vista. I've had the same issues before and after some experimenting, here's a solution (it also solves the Xport not reading the HDD unless in Admin mode situation)

There is a security feature called "User Account Control." I can't recall if it was in XP or not (been awhile) but it's a very restrictive feautre. It's function is to ensure unwanted changes to your CPU can't happen without the administrators knowledge. The problem is, even as the administrator it seems to prevent certain actions from taking place. I actually found this out while struggling to delete a program I install on MY comp. If you turn User Account Control off, it disables all the invisible block and you are free to roam your own computer as God intended. This, of course, includes now being able to drag and drop where it was once blocked

It can be found under User Account options, and you must restart after making the change. If you are single or no one has access to your system, then there's actually no real need to turn it back on (unless you're concerned you may accidentally delete something yourself). I always turn it back on when I'm done, but I have a family who would find a way to delete everything if it wasn't blocked...lol

So, simply put...Go to User Options, turn off "User Account Control," restart, and enjoy! Hope that helps

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 11-13-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2008, 02:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Solution to Xport "drag and drop" issue with Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Okay, if this is already well known and I just couldn't find it (tried search) then Mods, feel free to delete or lock this. I've read that a lot of people are having trouble dragging and dropping files using Vista. I've had the same issues before and after some experimenting, here's a solution (it also solves the Xport not reading the HDD unless in Admin mode situation)

There is a security feature called "User Account Control." I can't recall if it was in XP or not (been awhile) but it's a very restrictive feautre. It's function is to ensure unwanted changes to your CPU can't happen without the administrators knowledge. The problem is, even as the administrator it seems to prevent certain actions from taking place. I actually found this out while struggling to delete a program I install on MY comp. If you turn User Account Control off, it disables all the invisible block and you are free to roam your own computer as God intended. This, of course, includes now being able to drag and drop where it was once blocked

It can be found under User Account options, and you must restart after making the change. If you are single or no one has access to your system, then there's actually no real need to turn it back on (unless you're concerned you may accidentally delete something yourself). I always turn it back on when I'm done, but I have a family who would find a way to delete everything if it wasn't blocked...lol

So, simply put...Go to User Options, turn off "User Account Control," restart, and enjoy! Hope that helps
aright this works i am able to drag things off the other window into xport but when i go to play espn the files are not there
Old 11-13-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605

i got it to work now thanks for the help man
Old 11-13-2008, 08:45 PM   #4
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by blvdboi22
i got it to work now thanks for the help man
no prob
Old 11-17-2008, 07:02 AM   #5
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

This allowed me to finally transfer files-I had recently turned off UAC to run TVersity for my 360 and now I can transfer 2K5 rosters.Thanks much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Okay this works but when I go to play 2K5, theres a file that says "Roster" I load that but the rosters are still in 2005. Like Kyle Boller still in the Ravens. Any solutions to this problem?
Old 04-16-2009, 10:40 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 19

I am the Admin on my computer, and have UAC off and it wasn't working.
I'm going to try again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »