Home

Updated my rosters and now got the Red Ring of Death

This is a discussion on Updated my rosters and now got the Red Ring of Death within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2008, 11:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Unhappy Updated my rosters and now got the Red Ring of Death

I finally got my transfer cable from Microsoft after waiting a couple weeks. Just updated to JSOU's 08-09 rosters and was having a mighty good time playing it. So midway through the first quarter when I was about to score against the Patriots.....I got the dreaded Red Ring of Death.

I used Xport 1.11 (Oct 2008) to upload the rosters on my 20 GB HDD. Followed the instructions from the sticky on top of this forum. So was this just a bad coincidence or did I do something to my 360?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Updated my rosters and now got the Red Ring of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn_2k5
So midway through the first quarter when I was about to score against the Patriots.....I got the dreaded Red Ring of Death.
There's your answer.... Bellechek has something to do with it!!

Actually, that sucks, but gotta be a coincidence. Is it older than 3 years. Our original box was purchased through refurbdepot.com. I thought I would be okay since I purchased a warranty as well. Long story short, it was a debacle and I would never deal with them again. If you can't spring for a new one, I would go with someone on craigslist that seems trustworthy. Make sure the unit hasn't been modded (unless that's what you want) or manually repaired, but is intact and relatively new. At least that way all you have to do is present the serial no. to the proper website. There's stuff about this in the console forum.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had the system for over 3 years now but it's still under warranty. Called up their automated support and they suggested unplugging the HDD and powering up the system. It worked so I proceeded to plug the HDD back in and lo and behold it works again. Go figure.

Time to play some more 2k5
Old 11-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
Rookie

TY05's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn_2k5
I finally got my transfer cable from Microsoft after waiting a couple weeks. Just updated to JSOU's 08-09 rosters and was having a mighty good time playing it. So midway through the first quarter when I was about to score against the Patriots.....I got the dreaded Red Ring of Death.

I used Xport 1.11 (Oct 2008) to upload the rosters on my 20 GB HDD. Followed the instructions from the sticky on top of this forum. So was this just a bad coincidence or did I do something to my 360?
man...that sucks dude. that happened to mine several months ago. i finally got GTA 4 then i got the ring of death. i hate that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »