Home

What is your QB Comp %?

This is a discussion on What is your QB Comp %? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
What is your QB Comp %?

For the life of me i can't get higher completion %. I playing with the 2004 roster cpu vs cpu and 90 rated QB's are throwing 55% and under. I played against McNabb, who was a 92 rated and he had 52% for the game against Dallas.

I've tried lowering "Coverage" &"Pursit". I also Maxed QB and WR and still the same result. Right now i'm leaving the sliders on ALL-Pro and see what happens. Everyother slider settings has been custom. I'm actually upset, because this is reminding me why I stop playing 2k5. Everything else is fine in the game, it's just "Low Completions".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
Banned

Re: What is your QB Comp %?

Mine is about 50%...that's why I run most of the time. My passing game is weak.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagiNationFreak
Mine is about 50%...that's why I run most of the time. My passing game is weak.

My teams runs a 50/50 run/pass. It drives me crazy seeing low completions. I love this game, but this passing issue is a killer. I can see if a QB is low rated, then it's expected from time to time, but for higher rated QB, it blows. Why have a high rated QB, if he's going to complete 50% or less when you can have a scub do the same.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #4
Banned

Should I edit all QB's "Consistency" ratings to 90+ to get a higher completion %? I'm thinking about doing this and leaving all other attributes alone.

Has anyone tried this?
Old 11-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

i'm convinced that aggression has alot to do with this...in the original roster files the agg rating was 24 for most qb's...now u'll notice with alot of updated rosters they r so much higher...so i look back to the original and visual concepts had to have them low for some reason.seems to me they hold the ball more and force the ball.remember the original was pretty good completing 60% and above. sometimes lower and sometimes higher... the thing u want is randomness..like one time u can shut them down and maybe the next time they'd tear u up...it's the balance that u want...u said about con rating,but as i see it con ratings r like the original roster so i think it's aggression. the more i look at it the more i think aggression is the most important rating, bcuz it makes the players do what they do react, mentality and put all the other ratings in action (if that makes any sense lol).let me know if u find anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2008, 08:57 PM   #6
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Various things must be tweaked in order to get NFL type completion rates .... and not just on the QB.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:29 PM   #7
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
Should I edit all QB's "Consistency" ratings to 90+ to get a higher completion %? I'm thinking about doing this and leaving all other attributes alone.

Has anyone tried this?
Already tried that one, the games not perfect and for completion percentage to kill it, must mean you don't like it that much anyway. Not to be a d@#$. Lowering your teams coverage as I talked about in my latest roster update has given us the best completion percentages yet. Give that a shot.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:31 PM   #8
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone

Has anyone tried this?
I honestly don't like making QB ratings too high as the simmed stats (I'm a franchise player) are a bit bloated. Too high of a TD to INT ratio and too high completion percentages. I would go with lowering your teams coverage as jsou already mentioned. His idea worked best for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »