Home

Any ideas on aggression ratings?

This is a discussion on Any ideas on aggression ratings? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2008, 07:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Any ideas on aggression ratings?

i'm convinced this is one of the most important att's...please give me some examples...look back at the original rosters or the last visual concepts update and try to average them out or something.qb's were at 24 except for farve and like 2 others.i def don't wanna play with the 127- 64 guide or whatever it is...just doesn't seem right to me.i figure tho, most players in the nfl all have the same aggression, and they just use it in different ways...like with a power back he'll put more into a charge move and a scat back will put more into his moves...so maybe it'll be good like that...idk i'm lost on it.so for now i'm using 60 agg for all players...i def know qb's need to be lowered since they seem to hold the ball more and force the throw too much.u know what sitting here now... i wish one of the original programmers would get into this (look in the bac of the directions for credits)...or r any of u guys involved with that...just to pick their brains and understand what they were basing the original attributes on...like example, if someone runs a 4.4 he has 90 speed, 4.6 he has 86 speed??? ehhhhh maybe i'm thinking too much haha. i want the perfect ratings and the fact is, the game is playing great now. better then the madden ratings which seems to mean nothing.MADDEN RATING "CELEBRATION 82" ???? wtf who cares
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2008, 10:32 PM   #2
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Any ideas on aggression ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gino_454
i'm convinced this is one of the most important att's...please give me some examples...look back at the original rosters or the last visual concepts update and try to average them out or something.qb's were at 24 except for farve and like 2 others.i def don't wanna play with the 127- 64 guide or whatever it is...just doesn't seem right to me.i figure tho, most players in the nfl all have the same aggression, and they just use it in different ways...like with a power back he'll put more into a charge move and a scat back will put more into his moves...so maybe it'll be good like that...idk i'm lost on it.so for now i'm using 60 agg for all players...i def know qb's need to be lowered since they seem to hold the ball more and force the throw too much.u know what sitting here now... i wish one of the original programmers would get into this (look in the bac of the directions for credits)...or r any of u guys involved with that...just to pick their brains and understand what they were basing the original attributes on...like example, if someone runs a 4.4 he has 90 speed, 4.6 he has 86 speed??? ehhhhh maybe i'm thinking too much haha. i want the perfect ratings and the fact is, the game is playing great now. better then the madden ratings which seems to mean nothing.MADDEN RATING "CELEBRATION 82" ???? wtf who cares
Sounds like one of my first couple posts. I think the agg rating is big as well, in fact I plan on doing some more testing on it. As for now we use a -25% feature which makes the game very tough for the most part.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:14 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
i wish one of the original programmers would get into this (look in the bac of the directions for credits)...or r any of u guys involved with that...just to pick their brains and understand what they were basing the original attributes on...like example, if someone runs a 4.4 he has 90 speed, 4.6 he has 86 speed??? ehhhhh maybe i'm thinking too much haha. i want the perfect ratings
actually this was already made clear by them... & you were close. 4.5=90 is the best estimate if you do a non-sliding scale/flat translation (the real method involved little hiccups based on differences; like fullbacks I remember were treated differently than any other position when turning 40-time into SPD). Anyway you can reverse engineer it one of two ways & develop a standard conversion
1) go through the in-game draft & compare the player's predraft measurements of 40, shuttle, bench reps, vert to the corresponding attribute of SPD, AGL, STR, JMP

2) This is more accurate: Look up actual times/measures for the 2004 rookies from the combine & compare that to what Visual Concepts rated those players for SPD AGL STR JMP

^and we've already done that for you...
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038804893
^notice there is a tab for attribute charts in the relevant spreadsheet attachment. you should look around here more if this stuff really interests you as a lot of tweaking/experimenting/researching has already been done to improve this game as much as possible

all the new players in my file ('05-'09 rookies) have attributes derived from this method

Last edited by puja21; 11-23-2008 at 05:19 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:35 PM   #4
Rookie

i'm really happy with all the other ratings (u guys r the masters lol)...just aggression i wonder about. i'm just gonna go by position and get an average.like i said with qb's at 24...they played alot smarter.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:39 AM   #5
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
i'm really happy with all the other ratings (u guys r the masters lol)...just aggression i wonder about. i'm just gonna go by position and get an average.like i said with qb's at 24...they played alot smarter.
Do some testing on agg rating and get back to us. Any research always helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2008, 01:01 PM   #6
Rookie

i'm on my way to averaging 2 players at each position from each team from the V/C original roster and probally gonna set them like that.i noticed that on teams the lower recievers are around 50 and then there r 2 top guys around 75-80...also the same for corners ...most around 50 and then one top corner around 75-80.it's gotta be pretty equal up on it tho...thinking reasonablly about it...u have a defensive end goin against an offensive tackle and in real life they both have the same mindset and same aggression on each play....also with corners and wide receivers...they both have the same mindset of when that ball is in the air both players r goin after it the same way.thus they r gonna have almost the same aggression ratings.this way ur making them play the same way and ur bringing out all the other ratings.idk it sounds right too me...any other ideas on it??? like i said before it has to be one of the most important ratings bcuz that's the only one that is making them play the way they r .it's really the only mental rating...like if there was an Intellectance rating...every other rating is physical.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:18 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
it's really the only mental rating...like if there was an Intellectance rating...every other rating is physical.
lol what?

i get what youre implying but what about consistency & composure or pass read coverage for QBs. Heck, run support affects playing the angle to the ball carrier as does coverage for safeties. i guess i dont agree with that premise although aggression is important
Old 11-26-2008, 03:18 PM   #8
Rookie

i know about the pass read and run coverage and other important ratings for position ...but i meant aggression is the only one the same for all positions...if that makes more sense... so it affects every player the same way...where as pass acc isn't gonna have any effect on linebackers or run coverage isn't gonna have effect on qb's

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »