Home

Drafted players usable with rosters from here?

This is a discussion on Drafted players usable with rosters from here? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Drafted players usable with rosters from here?

I'm using roster & franchise files from here, and of course you all know that the attributes have been totally changed with the players, so I was wondering what to do. Are we stuck with only being able to play the first season or what? I have been mainly playing the Quick games so far, so I haven't gotten through my first season yet since i've started using these franchises, but I got to thinking about the altered attributes and simmed to the draft last night just to check some things out. Sure enough, the draftees were going to be way different, just as I thought. What I mean is this. Things like stamina, aggression, strength, composure, etc. have been totally re-adjusted in the rosters/franchises on here, so how is that going to affect the game when these players get drafted whose attributes are more along the lines of how VC/2K programmed them?

Hope all of that makes sense. Hopefully there is either a way to fix it, or better yet, maybe someone has draft classes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Drafted players usable with rosters from here?

i have filters that i use in the editor to mass do mass edits for draft classes. i can post them w/ franchise if you want...

e.g. one example for non-positional attributes, i set the filter to show all pos except special teams & then lower KPW & KAC to the minimums

it's a lot steps though; like 15+ for non-positional attributes alone. youre looking at like 30 mins to an hour to edit one draft class into the proper ranges
Old 12-05-2008, 09:45 PM   #3
Pro

utorde's Arena

I'm using jsou's Roster/Franchise/Settings, I like them quite well and have gotten used to those settings (he said we need to use those settings with those rosters so the game plays correctly with his edits) and love the way the game plays. So I guess if I want to continue using his Roster/Franchise/Settings I would have to either edit the draftees in that Franchise myself or just play one season then, huh? Cause if I just leave the rookies alone, without somehow editing them in accordance to how he edited the roster, then that would just mess up a lot of stuff. After comparing the attributes of the pre-existing players to the drafted players, the drafted players are going to be terrible.

Thanks for offering to upload a Franchise, but I don't really want to start all over and get used to different settings and all of that. If my only choice is to just play a single season, guess that's what i'll do, that's better than the other alternative, not going back there, lol.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:03 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

you misunderstood-- i wasnt offering to upload a franchise... i was offering to upload the filters (tools) i use to edit a game-generated draft class within the attribute range constraints of my own roster

however, that wont help you w/ JSOU's as our designs are drastically diff. i believe his file is designed for single-season fwiw
Old 12-06-2008, 11:00 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
you misunderstood-- i wasnt offering to upload a franchise... i was offering to upload the filters (tools) i use to edit a game-generated draft class within the attribute range constraints of my own roster

however, that wont help you w/ JSOU's as our designs are drastically diff. i believe his file is designed for single-season fwiw
Hi puja21 I would love to have a copy of the tools you use for your draft classes.

Mike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2008, 09:55 PM   #6
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

[quote=utorde;2038968615]I'm using jsou's Roster/Franchise/Settings, I like them quite well and have gotten used to those settings (he said we need to use those settings with those rosters so the game plays correctly with his edits) and love the way the game plays. So I guess if I want to continue using his Roster/Franchise/Settings I would have to either edit the draftees in that Franchise myself or just play one season then, huh? Cause if I just leave the rookies alone, without somehow editing them in accordance to how he edited the roster, then that would just mess up a lot of stuff. After comparing the attributes of the pre-existing players to the drafted players, the drafted players are going to be terrible.

You could do mass edits using finn's editor such as aggression, stamina, those att staed above are set by specific position leadership (97), composure (97) and consistency (70) for all rooks will work as a solid base. For other att's you can get by with giving the first couple rounders large att's in the low 100's and that would make it close. Hope that helps
Old 12-06-2008, 10:46 PM   #7
Rookie

camel's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
i have filters that i use in the editor to mass do mass edits for draft classes. i can post them w/ franchise if you want...

e.g. one example for non-positional attributes, i set the filter to show all pos except special teams & then lower KPW & KAC to the minimums

it's a lot steps though; like 15+ for non-positional attributes alone. youre looking at like 30 mins to an hour to edit one draft class into the proper ranges
I just posted a couple of days ago asking what everyone was doing with draft classes in future seasons. I never received a response, but I didn't do as good a job as the original poster in this thread of describing what I was asking! I love your work Puja and would love to see these draft class editing filters. I can PM you my e-mail address or I'll get them if you post them for everyone. You have done some unbelievable work and have the most determination of anyone I've seen doing rosters for ANY game. You make my little hobby a great escape from the every day grind!
Old 12-07-2008, 02:50 PM   #8
Pro

utorde's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
You could do mass edits using finn's editor such as aggression, stamina, those att staed above are set by specific position leadership (97), composure (97) and consistency (70) for all rooks will work as a solid base. For other att's you can get by with giving the first couple rounders large att's in the low 100's and that would make it close. Hope that helps

Ok, so set all rookie's to:

Leadership (97)
Composure (97)
Consistency (70)

What other attributes need to be changed, and what should those attributes be set to? Hope it's not too much to ask you to list this.

Also, I was planning on adjusting all of these attributes in Week 8 when the draft class shows up in-game, but when you mentioned using large attributes for the first few rounds that tells me that you suggest adjusting them after the draft, considering that is the only way to know if/when a player gets drafted. So, is that correct, wait until after the draft to adjust them? I just figured it would be best to adjust them prior to the draft so that they would hopefully get picked due to their new att's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »