Home

Is This Possible With Finn's Editor?

This is a discussion on Is This Possible With Finn's Editor? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Is This Possible With Finn's Editor?

Hey everyone...I've looked and looked and found ONE place that said this IS possible, but wanted confirmation.

I want to create a bunch of my buddies and put them on a team in 2k5. I know I will need to give them cyberfaces for in-game, but is it possible to use our actual pictures for the face photos?

If so, what would be the best way to go about doing this? Download a roster file and transfer it to my hard drive with my Xport and then edit the team I want to use to my liking and save?

I've been downloading rosters and enjoying 2k5 for a while, but haven't messed with the editor at all. Any help is appreciated!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Is This Possible With Finn's Editor?

you need a T-9 Energy Converter.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:16 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja
you need a T-9 Energy Converter.
And you'll need three to finish your ambitious project.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:48 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

I'll give you a real answer:
wherever you read this idea from is unfortunately wrong on both accounts

1) you cant bring outside pictures into this game merely using the editor (or at all yet to the best of my knowledge as no one is modding it like MVP). this is because the editor merely modifies "pointers" (allows you to change what picture ID# points to each player). you can only "point" to existing pictures b/c they are stored on the disc. the editor only modifies the gamesave (roster file), but not any elements of the disc like artwork, photos etc... if the photos had been engineered as part of the gamesave instead of stored on the disc this may have been possible, but until someone discovers how to mod this game like MVP baseball (highly unlikely), we are limited to what is already on the disc (for photos, cyberfaces, uniforms, stadiums, etc). make sense?

2) at this point, cyberfaces AND pictures are one and the same, inseparable from one another. that is to say, if you want to use Kerry Collins' cyberface you must also use his picture for that player. actually, cyberfaces are chosen/applied using finn's editor simply by choosing the associated player's pic (just be sure you set the skintone correct, or the head wont match the body; eg you could have white Tom Brady head on african american body)

the only way to set it up so you have a cyberface for a player AND also have a blank pic for that player is to choose an existing cyberface that has no associated photo. There is a list of them here:
http://www.nfl2k5rosters.com/unknowns.html

currently, there is no way to use only the cyberface (independent of the picture) & thus there is also of course no way to use separate picture & cyberface combinations for the same player; that is to say there is no way you could use Tom Brady's pic w/ Kerry Collins' cyberface.
^this is because the ID number the disc uses to build the cyberface is the same ID number that tells it what picture to show

any questions?

Last edited by puja21; 12-11-2008 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Puja, that all makes perfect sense to me. Man, if this game could ever be modded we would be in football heaven forever - and really might just be anyway.

Thanks for taking the time to give me a REAL answer!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »