Home

Guide: Update the franchise schedule using Finn's Editor

This is a discussion on Guide: Update the franchise schedule using Finn's Editor within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2008, 07:39 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
Guide: Update the franchise schedule using Finn's Editor

HOW TO UPDATE THE IN-GAME FRANCHISE SCHEDULE USING FINN'S EDITOR

1) you start your franchise in the game as per usual. Makes no difference how many teams are HUM/CPU controlled

2) now, save your franchise to the memory card BEFORE you play any week 1 games (but after the preseason if you had it turned on). For anyone who plays the preseason: this means AFTER you click thru the prompt to "start season," but the schedule must be loaded before any wk1 games are played

3) open it in the editor & click on the tab near the top left of the screen where it says "schedule" just to the right of the tab that says "teams"

^you would click where it says "2007 schedule" in the picture (the example franchise in the picture already had the 2007 season loaded; that's why the word '2007' is shown. Your own game might say a different year or it may just say 'schedule,' but regardless click this button

4) on the bottom-left of the subsequent screen, click the "load schedule" button:

this should take you right to the schedules subfolder of program files directory for Finn's Editor where you'll see a half-dozen or so different schedules as of the date of this post (basically all the real-life schedules for 2004-present). if for some reason this is not the directory that pops up, simply navigate to it. this folder is located here by default:
"C:/Program Files/NFL 2k5 Gamesave Editor/Schedules"
this is what this screen looks like:

5) now, just select the one called "NFL2008-2009" to play the 08-09 season

6) save your franchise & load it up in game

you can load a schedule for any year in franchise (doesn't half to be just for year1) by repeating these steps as long as you do so prior to playing any week 1 games, but after the preseason has ended

Last edited by puja21; 12-10-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2008, 07:48 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: Guide: Update the franchise schedule using Finn's Editor

Thanks, I really appreciate it. When I start my franchise I want to make sure the schedule is right, but I wasn't sure how to do it.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:27 PM   #3
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Nice tutorial, thanks a lot. I have one question though. I'm using jsou's Franchise, so the schedule was already setup for 2008. Now once I play through the 2008 season, then do all of the off-season things, and go into the next season, will it correctly say 2009 or will it show as 2005 (considering 2005 would have been the 2nd season in the original game)? Of course I know the scheduling of the games would just be a generic, game generated schedule, I just want to know if it will at least show the correct year. I know that may be somewhat of a dumb question to some, but I have just been wondering about this as i'm still pretty new to all of this editing and whatnot.

Once again, thanks to Finn for the editor and all of the roster/franchise/settings creators doing all of this work to keep this game alive. I'm actually enjoying a football game again.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:35 PM   #4
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

it will be the '09 season
Old 12-10-2008, 11:41 PM   #5
Pro

utorde's Arena

Thanks jsou. I figured it would be correct, but I wasn't sure since we are messing with all of these edits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2008, 12:37 AM   #6
MVP

yeah loading an updated schedule basically moves the calendar year too fortunately. the only thing that sucks is that game-generated draft pick DOBs will still be in the base year of 2004 offseason (DOB circa 1982), so they will be old as rookies... unless you have one of my updated draft classes
Old 12-11-2008, 02:14 AM   #7
Pro

utorde's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
the only thing that sucks is that game-generated draft pick DOBs will still be in the base year of 2004 offseason (DOB circa 1982), so they will be old as rookies

I haven't looked yet, can you edit the DOB's of the draft class with Finn's editor? If you can, all i'll need to do is add 4 years to each player's DOB.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:07 AM   #8
MVP

yeah i suppose you could do that but that takes a long time to edit 380 prospects birthdays every year. prob looking at 45 mins to an hour of work each time

of course my franchise will have the real 2009 draft class w/ real DOBs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »