Home

Getting A Realistic Amount of Tackles

This is a discussion on Getting A Realistic Amount of Tackles within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2008, 02:17 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Getting A Realistic Amount of Tackles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TY05
Yeah I just noticed today that the CPU defense is getting way more tackles then my defense.
in the same game? if so-- your offense is likely just more efficient at extending drives... are you running more plays than them? is the CPU throwing more incompletions per att (probably)
Old 12-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #10
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

One more question. I'm using custom sliders right now and my offense is playing pretty realistic but my defense is so good. I tried turning human coverage, pursuit and tackling down and yet my team is having its best defensive game of the year, against the strongest opponent i've faced. help?
Old 12-14-2008, 11:50 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Check your sim game length. Keep it around 4 min/qtr.
It's fun how you continue to call this the best football game ever. A game where you must play a 4 minutes quarter lenght just to have credible statistic. And don't forget about the average number of picks per game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2008, 01:19 PM   #12
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart2000
It's fun how you continue to call this the best football game ever. A game where you must play a 4 minutes quarter lenght just to have credible statistic. And don't forget about the average number of picks per game.
at least u can get realistic stats in this game? i really hope u aren't saying madden is better at getting good stats.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:00 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
it's the gameplay that makes it the best-- not the sim stats or box score

heck, i could just watch the games on TV & see "realistic stats" & as far as gameplay & control go, madden is the equivalent to passively watching football... however, since I get realistic presentation & no mario running or suction blocking when watching the real NFL & it doesnt cost my 60+ dollars per year, i'll pass on Madden altogether

oh wait madden doesnt have realistic stats either (hum v cpu tkls, way too many pass def, yards/att out of whack). since both games are flawed w/ stats, does it really matter WHICH stats are wrong? i'll go w/ the game that has decent gameplay & is fun to play & wins in a multitude of other categories (animations, control, presentation, price point, better more accurate roster ratings etc)
Old 12-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #14
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

First of all, I totally agree with what puja said. As far as your quote, no one said to play 4 minute quarters, you play around 8 minute quarters to get somewhat realistic stats, which is exactly what you have to do in Madden. 4 or 5 minutes is what you set the sim quarters to in franchise, that has nothing to do with the games you play, that is just to adjust the stats to your liking for the games of the other teams in which you are not controlling. Once again, the same thing has to be done in Madden.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:01 PM   #15
Rookie

TY05's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
in the same game? if so-- your offense is likely just more efficient at extending drives... are you running more plays than them? is the CPU throwing more incompletions per att (probably)
well, im using updated rosters {dunno if that has anything to do with it} and zero sliders. yeah, i have more time of possession and running more plays. so that could be my problem {with the tackles} .

and for some reason i cant get the cpu to pass more than 30-40% completions per game. im using JSOU's 08-09 roster by the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #16
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TY05
and for some reason i cant get the cpu to pass more than 30-40% completions per game. im using JSOU's 08-09 roster by the way.

You need to use jsou's sliders with his roster/franchise. Try that and see if it helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »