Home

Getting A Realistic Amount of Tackles

This is a discussion on Getting A Realistic Amount of Tackles within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2008, 10:27 PM   #1
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Getting A Realistic Amount of Tackles

Any ideas on how I can increase the # of tackles my players get without the scores increasing too much. I've scored exactly 30 the past 2 games but my team leader in tackles has 14 and the league leader has 41. I need a way to increase this a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2008, 12:26 AM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Getting A Realistic Amount of Tackles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Any ideas on how I can increase the # of tackles my players get without the scores increasing too much. I've scored exactly 30 the past 2 games but my team leader in tackles has 14 and the league leader has 41. I need a way to increase this a bit.

Check your sim game length. Keep it around 4 min/qtr.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:51 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Also, check the number of total plays during a game, sim or played. If it is around 120 plus or minus a few, then number of tackles should be in line as well.

I learned this when I was playing the games and had a realistic number of plays. And when I checked some team and individual stats for the other teams I realized my sim length was too long. Each team was running about 90 plays each. It was reflected in the stats for the other teams in the league that I hadn't played against. I use 5 min sim, 4 min sounds good also.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:10 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

also noticed that on the PS2 version a lot of D-backs get like 1 to 4 tackles.. especially the Panthers.

Is there a way I can use the Finn editor and edit their stats?
Old 12-13-2008, 03:00 PM   #5

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboospine1998
Also, check the number of total plays during a game, sim or played. If it is around 120 plus or minus a few, then number of tackles should be in line as well.

I learned this when I was playing the games and had a realistic number of plays. And when I checked some team and individual stats for the other teams I realized my sim length was too long. Each team was running about 90 plays each. It was reflected in the stats for the other teams in the league that I hadn't played against. I use 5 min sim, 4 min sounds good also.
I'm playing all of my games and I'm averaging somewhere around 60 plays per game for each team i think. what should i set the sim length for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2008, 08:14 PM   #6
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I'm playing all of my games and I'm averaging somewhere around 60 plays per game for each team i think. what should i set the sim length for?
I've got mine set at 5 minutes for the sim and that seems to work just fine.

When you say 60, you mean 60 per team for a total of around 120, correct? If so then you're using the correct amount of minutes for your played games. Also, just in case you didn't know, when you add up the plays not only do you need to add the rush and pass plays but you also need to add in the sacks as well. See, when either QB gets sacked, that play will not show under the pass or rush stats. You probably knew that, but some people don't think to take that into account.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:25 AM   #7

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
I've got mine set at 5 minutes for the sim and that seems to work just fine.

When you say 60, you mean 60 per team for a total of around 120, correct? If so then you're using the correct amount of minutes for your played games. Also, just in case you didn't know, when you add up the plays not only do you need to add the rush and pass plays but you also need to add in the sacks as well. See, when either QB gets sacked, that play will not show under the pass or rush stats. You probably knew that, but some people don't think to take that into account.
correct, and yes, i took sacks into account. thanks.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:07 AM   #8
Rookie

TY05's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah I just noticed today that the CPU defense is getting way more tackles then my defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »