Home

i just bought a hdtv cable for xbox but.......

This is a discussion on i just bought a hdtv cable for xbox but....... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
i just bought a hdtv cable for xbox but.......

I wanted to enjoy ESPN NFL 2k5 with the optimal graphics.......but I'm in a delima. i heard that u need all of those to fit in your TV....my tv just has a green blue and red for the supposed "HD".......do u think i should return this and get the s-video cable.....or keep it because it works for my old Tv?????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2008, 02:28 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: i just bought a hdtv cable for xbox but.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by odera
I wanted to enjoy ESPN NFL 2k5 with the optimal graphics.......but I'm in a delima. i heard that u need all of those to fit in your TV....my tv just has a green blue and red for the supposed "HD".......do u think i should return this and get the s-video cable.....or keep it because it works for my old Tv?????
I'm confused.... you said all your TV has is G-B-R jacks. That's what your picture is showing. The other red/white is for audio. So what's the dilemma?

I just ordered one myself for about $7 b/c I just recently got my XBox upgraded, so I'm interested to see what it does.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I'm confused.... you said all your TV has is G-B-R jacks. That's what your picture is showing. The other red/white is for audio. So what's the dilemma?

I just ordered one myself for about $7 b/c I just recently got my XBox upgraded, so I'm interested to see what it does.

so homie u tell me that da extra two is 4 audio??????if so son that's amazing .......thanks u Jesus i didn't waste my money..lol

Last edited by odera; 12-26-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:25 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

Yes - the White/Red is for audio. Look at it this way - your regular cord (composite) had White/Red/Yellow White + Red = Audio Yellow = Video For the cable you got (component) for the HD connection is White/Red/Blue/Red/Green White + Red = Audio (as with the composite cable) Blue + Red + Green = Video So just plug the 3 cables into the video, and the other two into the audio as you would with the other cable.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:38 PM   #5
Rookie

^^^Thanks for the clarification

and thank u daflyboy for the quick response

.....this is why i love nfl2k on OS

~1~
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2008, 12:59 AM   #6
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

NP.... S-video cable are just that also.... just video. HDMI cables (the ones that look a little like USB cables) carry both audio and video.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:32 PM   #7
Rookie

I have good news and bad news.....
well the cables arrived today and they plugged in.... everything looks good.............................
it looked fine and all....but when i popped in 2k5.....it had the ugliest green tint ever.....the colors were just messed up badly... i mean if all the cables went in there respective places...why the screw-up.....i guess i have to return them and get the s-video cables
Old 12-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by odera
I have good news and bad news.....
well the cables arrived today and they plugged in.... everything looks good.............................
it looked fine and all....but when i popped in 2k5.....it had the ugliest green tint ever.....the colors were just messed up badly... i mean if all the cables went in there respective places...why the screw-up.....i guess i have to return them and get the s-video cables
Not sure, but if you are playing higher than 480p, maybe you're getting a weird effect. If you look on the back of the box, you'll see it's not rated to play higher than that. See if your TV has an HD settings change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »