Home

Hard to stop the run?

This is a discussion on Hard to stop the run? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2009, 01:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Hard to stop the run?

Ok, so I have finally got back into this game as I have owned it in the past. So I guess I would say I'm some sort of "semi-veteran" who knows all the controls and such. I'm using Jsou's sliders and roster and I also did the -25% using finn's editor on the pass and run coverage on D.

I'm currently playing as the Cowboys in the franchise (8 min qtrs) and out of the two games I have played I have given up 52 pts to the Browns and 49 pts to the Eagles. Btw, I'm terrible at stopping the run letting Jamal Lewis run for 219yds and giving Brian Westbrook 5 tds in the Eagles game.

Obviously I'm not doing something right. Is there any way someone could recommend to me what I'm doing wrong. It seems like whatever position I play on D the o-line dominates me and I'm not able to get off the blocks to stop the run. Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Hard to stop the run?

Without knowing the slider set you're using, it's hard to tell. Also, you dumbed down your run coverage by 25% but you're saying you're having trouble stopping the run. So it's hard to tell, especially without knowing those particular sliders. If you plan on making no changes, the only thing I can suggest is trying to outcoach the cpu by making an extra audible assignment by LB's and/or free DB's to the RB, especially if he's good.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:35 AM   #3
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Try using the free or strong saftey. There usually free on plays, which enables you to have a one on one opportunity without a blocker coming at you. Making the tackle however is the hard part. I always try to fill up my meter.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have the computer's and user setting each set at the max (with no fatigue) so that every play each person/comp is playing at their best...

It is hard to stop run...but I always use delay blitzes and Use defensive fronts like Pinches or contain when i want to dictate how the person runs.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #5
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

I definitely say try playing as a FS or SS. If you're playing on the line, there is a strong chance you're actually hindering the run coverage. If you play back, you can let the computer fill gaps, and then switch to make the tackle. If you let the computer control the d-line, you'll notice they do a pretty good job of run coverage up the middle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thank you all for the replies. I'm used to using the LB ever since I started playing the game. So I will definately try to use the FS or SS and see if that helps. I will post here and give you feedback.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #7
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan
I definitely say try playing as a FS or SS. If you're playing on the line, there is a strong chance you're actually hindering the run coverage. If you play back, you can let the computer fill gaps, and then switch to make the tackle. If you let the computer control the d-line, you'll notice they do a pretty good job of run coverage up the middle.

Don't sack #'s suffer if you don't play the line though?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »