Home

Progression Chart

This is a discussion on Progression Chart within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2009, 02:10 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Progression Chart

I have trying to figure out how to create a chart for Progressions in the game, however I cannot decipher a formula that would be stable when updating players- for those who pick all 32 teams for Franchise.

Basically, it's like this - ratings are to be adjusted according to the statistics through that year. For example.

someone who has 3,300-3,500 yards passing with 20-25 touchdowns and interceptions under 20 will get an 85 rating

opposed to 3,300-3,500 yards passing 20-25 interceptions and 20 or the more interceptions would have an 83

a little tricky, but ill figure it out- come to think now (Below)

Drew Brees threw for 5,000 yards this year and a lot of touchdowns. Now, what rating does he deserve? Should Drew Brees get a 97 or a 98? Maybe a 99? For some reason I am going to give him a 97, but his consistency should be 99 or atleast 100 going into the next season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2009, 02:33 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Progression Chart

Is your franchise idea still going to happen? If not, im shocked that you posted here again.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:45 AM   #3
Banned

It is and I am just about finished with my 2004 Panthers roster. I am re-doing all of them with the current Rookie Report attributes. DeShaun Foster has 81 Speed in my game, as opposed to your game where he might be faster. I know you're using the Reversed Engineered version. Mike Rucker has 36 STR cause he was able to bench press like 19 times or something to that affect.

Yes, it is going to be the same but it's just going to be used as a tool - none of my original ideas are going to work cause Puja is right, it would be a lot of work with 500 people sending me franchises so you guys can do the Progressions yourself once I devise a reasonable formula on how players should progress.

I worked on a lot of coaches during my suspension, to make it up to you guys - I saw what you guys wrote and I kind of let you all down with that practical joke. Daflyboys made me see things in a different light - so I did 5 coaches so far, all of their stats and etc. These are Coaches that will be available and are not in the NFL. For example: Bill Calahan. He was not in NFL 2K5 but when you finish the season and you want a new coach, fire (erase) Dennis Erickson and re-name him Bill Calahan, enter the philosphy that he is into the game and wa-la, you have Calahan as your head coach.

So now the league will just be an instrument, a source of information to get like new coaches, how to set up coordinators - utensils needed to work around a 32-player franchise.

BTW, Coaches finished: Jim Fassel (OVR 82), Bill Calahan(OVR 80), Dan Reeves(OVR 85), Steve Spurrier(OVR 73), and Chan Gailey. (OVR 75)
Old 01-16-2009, 02:48 AM   #4
Banned

I have a slight problem too - nothing too serious. I want the new Coach to have a new playbook. I attempted to create a playbook and stuff, but man do I suck! I was trying to create Jim Fassel's playbook - seeing he was apart of Mike Shanahan's coaching tree, I borrowed some plays from the Broncos playbook and the Ravens (since he served as Asst. Coach/Off Coordinator) but I just cannot do it.

A playbook pro willing to help out, please.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:13 AM   #5
Banned

Ok, here is a question for all of you pertaining to progression.

We have a quarterback, his name is Aaron Rodgers. He is about 25-26 years of age so he can develop in some areas still.

His current rating at the beginning of the year is 86...

now at the end of the season, he threw for 4,531 yards 36 touchdowns, 15 interceptions.

What would you rate him? (I am thinking of a number inside my head, just want to see how you would go about this)

If everyone picks different numbers from me, then it is a matter of judgement so a 'Progression Chart' would be ineffective.

But anyway, how would you rate him?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2009, 03:32 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja
It is and I am just about finished with my 2004 Panthers roster. I am re-doing all of them with the current Rookie Report attributes. DeShaun Foster has 81 Speed in my game, as opposed to your game where he might be faster. I know you're using the Reversed Engineered version. Mike Rucker has 36 STR cause he was able to bench press like 19 times or something to that affect.
I'm using the game's setup since VC was nearly spot on for speed, agility, strength and jumping. I have Foster at 88 speed but he's the backup. I have Nick Goings as the starter since he lead the team in rushing and even though I could have put Foster as the starting RB, doing so would have caused me to increase their offensive rating to 92 (its at 90) which I didnt want to do because some players are already overrated but I wanted to make sure that the team ratings are as accurate as possible. Rucker has 52 for strength.

Overall, the Panthers are at 90. Offense is 90 and defense is at 85. I actually finished playing against them with the Colts today. Colts are 98 off, 75 def, 90 ovr. I won with a game ending FG 24-21. I threw four INT's with Manning but Delhomme threw 2 ints in the 4th quarter which allowed me to tie and then win the game.

Here's the Panthers starters -

qb - Delhomme (90)
rb - Goings (85)
fb - Hoover (90)
wr - Muhammad (95)
wr - Smith (90)
te - Mangum (75)
c - Mitchell (90)
og - Reyes (80)
og - Fordham (75)
ot - Gross (90)
ot - Willig (75)

de - Peppers (95)
dt - Jenkins (85)
dt - Buckner (77)
de - Rucker (80)
olb - Witherspoon (85)
ilb - Morgan (85)
olb - Fields (75)
cb - Gamble (85)
cb - Manning (80)
ss - Minter (85)
fs - Branch (75)

I created/added 6 players to the Panthers 2004 roster and over 100+ players overall. I have finished 19 teams and have played seven quick games. Six of the seven games have been decided by single digits and im 4-3 including being 0-3 with the Eagles who have my number one playbook. I have had a 37-31 OT classic win with GB over IND in Indy. A game winning and game ending FG with the Colts against the Panthers in CAR. My last game was with the Chiefs against the last team I finished, the Atlanta Falcons. Falcons are 80 on off, 90 on def and 88 ovr. I was down 14-0 early but came back and won 24-17. The best play I had was on a failed Falcons blitz in which I found WR Dante Hall wide open for a 69 yard TD late in the 4th quarter. Falcons had one last drive but I eventually stopped them on 4th down and two knees later, it was a win for me.

I cant wait until I play an actual season. I have several teams that I want to play with - 49ers, Bengals, Chiefs, Colts, Dolphins, EAGLES, Packers and Ravens.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:38 AM   #7
Banned

Here's a question -

Why did you post a fake link only to get suspended? I'm still trying to figure out what the point of that was.

As for playbooks, I wouldnt even bother trying to create a custom one as its a pain in the ***.

As for Rodgers, those stats are wrong. He passed for 4,038 yards with 28 td's and 13 ints for a QB rating of 93.8. I would probably rate him 85-90 depending on how other QB's did and how his own team's RB's did. If Rodgers had no running game, I would probably give him a 90 since the RB's would most likely be rated low.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:49 AM   #8
Banned

qb - Delhomme (88), Peete (69), Weinke (73)
rb - Davis (85), Foster (76), Goings (78), Rod Smart (N/A)
fb - Hoover (80), Cramer (66)
wr - Muhammad (93), Carter (60), Hankton (60)
wr - Smith (90), Colbert (77)
te - Mangum (70), Seidman (64), Gaines (61)
c - Mitchell (90)
og - Reyes (67)
og - Brzenski (71), Fordham (N/A)
ot - Gross (88), Rich Tylski (64)
ot - Wharton (74), Willig (63)

de - Peppers (95), Wallace (79)
dt - Jenkins (99), Carstens (64)
dt - Buckner (82), Moorehead (60)
de - Rucker (90), Pittman (75)
olb - Witherspoon (87), Jesse Armstead (80)
ilb - Morgan (87), Sean Tufts (N/A), Vinny Circuir (N/A), Jason Kyle (N/A)
olb - Fields (87), Brandon Short (79)
cb - Gamble (N/A)
cb - Manning (N/A)
ss - Minter (84)
fs - Branch (68), Tillman (72)

86 Offense, 95 Defense - 93 Overall

I am a huge Panther fan and looking back to that season, I am blaiming the injuries so this is what they would have looked like if Jenkins, Smith, Davis, and Foster stayed healthy throughout the year.

Last edited by NuJoiseySoulja; 01-16-2009 at 03:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »