Home

Sacks? Ugh!

This is a discussion on Sacks? Ugh! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
Sacks? Ugh!

How does anyone get sacks with the CPU blocking at 40? Almost all the slider sets I read have CPU blocking at 40. It seems good for the running game but I can't get any pressure on the QB at all. I usually play the MLB, FYI. Any tips?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
MVP

jr86's Arena

Re: Sacks? Ugh!

I find that coming from the sides with cb's the best way of blitzing
Old 01-29-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Gonna look at this a little more, but the majority of sacks for the league came from OLB's and DE's as you might suspect. Of the top 43 sackers, only 6 were DT/NT's. There were no DB's were over 3 sacks for the year. I'd like to tweak the attributes to reflect that.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #4
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I don't get many up the gut with my rosters. Admittedly, my sack ratings are lower though. I don't have the problem of being a charged DE like some do, because my rosters have the OL ratings pretty high and the pass rush pretty low. As a charged up DE, I may get 2 or 3 sacks a game with someone decent and that is playing as him a lot. Most of my ILB sacks are computer generated, assisted by me. If a LB is coming up the middle, I try to take the guy lined up from me the other way, so he has a clearer shot.

My newest sliders (not posted) have the o-line blocking rating jacked up more than before and it is getting difficult to just get any sacks. I like it though, because it helps QB comp. %
Old 02-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #5
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkerots
How does anyone get sacks with the CPU blocking at 40? Almost all the slider sets I read have CPU blocking at 40. It seems good for the running game but I can't get any pressure on the QB at all. I usually play the MLB, FYI. Any tips?
Can any other veterans chime in on this one for tips? The lack of sacks (and thereby lack of QB pressure) is kind of keeping me away from this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #6
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

The one change from K4 to K5 that I don't like they did in the apparent program is make the cpu QB's "antsy". They seem to hike the ball too quickly and dish it in a nanosecond too often. Maybe an experiment in the composure attribute would help. I think you end up getting a coverage sack by your cpu players moreso than a DE outright beating an OLman vs. the other way around. I can still vouch that manually blitzing with an OLB and not charging up can work....and it's sweet when it does!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #7
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

I dont get many sacks but thats because i run a cover two. how many guys do you send usually? You cant ask for much pressure with a 4 man rush unless u have like 4 probowlers. When i go for a blitz (i dont very often) i usually send at least 6 usually seven.

I would recomend trying to aim your blitzes. Have your dline do something that would help the blitz. If ur mlb and old are blitzing right have ur dline go left to create more space for players to go through. Keep in mind im a cover guy not a blitz guy. I usually get my sacks from good coverage but thats rare.

Basicly just calling a blitz wont do imo. I recommend moving dline and lbs around. I found when i do the all blitz (8 man rush- 3 men in zones) I spread my dline and squeeze my lbs. and they get there quicker than without the movement. But of course it doesnt work every time. The other blitz i do it when the o is 5 wide. i pick dime with a mlb blitzing and audible my fs (i play as him) to blitz. i usually have a clean shot cuz theres 5 blocking six.

I would pick a playbook based on d and go for one with alot of zone blitzes. usually a lil easier to cover and rush doing that and less likely to get burned deep. I blitz in man and sometimes just have to watch as a short slant goes 80 yards.

Although not getting pressure is annoying imo its worse when people get sacked to easy. But if the question is cuz your only send 4 and have everyone else in coverage, that would be the problem. Either way there are ways around to get a sack. If you give me a better idea of your base d i might be able to give some more hints but im a cover 2 cover 3 guy not a blitzer. Kinda why when i do it works its a surprise.

What kind of blitzes do you call?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »