Home

Power or Finess

This is a discussion on Power or Finess within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Power or Finess

What stat determines if a running back is a power back or a finesse back? I want to be better informed about the players I draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Power or Finess

just put Edit Rookies on in Franchise and go to each rookie before you draft them to see if they're finesse, power, or balanced - try not to look at the attributes to cheat :OP
Old 01-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdummy
What stat determines if a running back is a power back or a finesse back? I want to be better informed about the players I draft.
IIRC aren't all the game-generated draft prospects just power (runstyle=99)

i'm almost positive they are
Old 02-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
IIRC aren't all the game-generated draft prospects just power (runstyle=99)

i'm almost positive they are
When I am editing rookies, they show up as a mix of run styles. It's really funny to see 225 lbs 5'9" finesse runners and 195 lbs 6'0" power runners.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:29 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

hmm-- you are lucky then... i just started 2 franchises; one from my update & one from the default roster

the default-based franchise's game-generated draft class had all power (every position) except 5 balanced (4 TEs & a WR). my roster yielded all power except 3 WRs were balanced. zero finesse players in either file though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 11:26 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
hmm-- you are lucky then... i just started 2 franchises; one from my update & one from the default roster

the default-based franchise's game-generated draft class had all power (every position) except 5 balanced (4 TEs & a WR). my roster yielded all power except 3 WRs were balanced. zero finesse players in either file though.
When I use Finn's Editor, I do notice that almost everyone has power as their run style. I am speaking of Franchise mode, 4 years in. In my previous Franchise which I ended due to long sim times, I also noticed the same thing with Finn's Editor. It's as if the game resets the run style of the player.

When I am in the off-season, I edit the rookies through the Edit Rookies feature. The game generator normally generates CB's, FS, SS players as finesse. RB's are normally a mix, WR's are mostly finesse with balanced and power runners showing up now and then. DT are mostly balanced, DE's are rarely ever unbalanced, as are ILB's, OLB's, Offensive Linemen, TE's and the Kickers. For me, the game generator does a decent job with the run styles in the off-season.

However I use Finn's Editor during the season and couldn't help but notice that nearly my entire team were power runners.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:18 AM   #7
Rookie

I have a question regarding WR's/TE running style. Does a particular running style affect the way they run routes?

Same with CB. Does the running style affect the way they back up and turn in man coverage?
Old 02-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 15

I have a power run style setup depending on the position -

QB, K and P = Balanced
FB, TE, C, OG, OT, DT, DE, OLB and ILB = Power
CB, SS and FS = Finesse

RB and WR = Finesse or Power depending on their height/weight, strength attribute and break tackle attribute.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »