Home

Just started playing.

This is a discussion on Just started playing. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #9
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Just started playing.

I'm going to pick up the game in 5 mins, so I'll give you my first impressions as well.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 02-10-2009, 06:46 PM   #10
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Alright I'm gonna sim a few years in franchise to start.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 02-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #11
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

I crank up the blocking for both me and the cpu, very few cheap sacks on me and I have to work and fight in the trenches to get to the cpu, the game play is beyond fantastic.

What I like is that you can have fun playing anywhere on the field, rush with a LB from the edge, battle as a DE or DT to get to the quarterback, play coverage in the secondary and they're all mini-games in itself. This is what the Madden series needs to learn, the ability to control any player on the field with fun and realistic results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2009, 07:22 PM   #12
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

also, set your feet. this is one of the things you are probably doing but sometimes i am still slightly bending the stick and it makes the throw a little off target or such making it hard to catch.

i am not sure of the rosters you are using but with the 2k5 default rosters, we always needed to bump up the catching slider to the max for hum and cpu, if i remember correctly. i am mostly playing apf 2k8 now.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:10 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 12

Wow... I just finished a game (beat the Giants as the Cowboys 28-21), but I noticed some things during the game that just astounded me. Small things, but the kind of small things that really help you get into the game.

It's thrid down, we need 8 yards for the first. I come out in a 4 wide set, two on each side with Barber in the backfield. I called the play planning to hit TO on a corner route to the wide side of the field. Romo is walking towards the line while Barber sets up a few yards back. I'm scanning the defense so try and judge what they are going to do (which I'm terrible at, I can guess man/zone about 50% of the time, but that's it) when suddenly I hear one of the defenders talking trash, yelling across the line "You better bring it TO!"

I just sat there for a second trying to figure out what had happened. The game, the defender, had just called out a specific player on my team. Something you would never hear in Madden if you played a million games. Wow, good job 2k. There was another instance where I had the Giants backed up to their own 3 on 1st and 10 (returner muffed a phenomenal punt), and one of my defenders yells out, "We're coming for you Manning. We're coming."
Old 02-12-2009, 01:45 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 15

Yeah, the trash talking is awesome in 2K5. And isnt it funny that the defender called out T.O. on the play that you wanted to pass to him???

2K5 > all.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 13

Yea, I love the trash talk in 2k5. Whenever the defense calls out one of my players, I make sure I audible so my player who was called out gets to stick it to the defense. That only work about 25% of the time though for me... if that.

As for getting sacked too many times, I agree with what most of the people here have posted. I let my QB drop 5-7 steps and then I'm unloading the ball almost immediately. Sometimes I check how the o-line is blocking, check for a delayed blitz, and if all is well, hold onto the ball for an extra second or two to give time for my receivers to get open if they're not already.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »