Home

Almost 5 years later=83 people viewing this forum, 80 viewing Madden. Crazy.

This is a discussion on Almost 5 years later=83 people viewing this forum, 80 viewing Madden. Crazy. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2009, 11:10 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Almost 5 years later=83 people viewing this forum, 80 viewing Madden. Crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveHeart
It's not nostalgia if it's currently the only NFL game that I play, no?
Actually, it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
So the ACC should work around FSU having the worst academic scandal in recent history? Maybe FSU should stop cheating, fighting, packing gats, and act like normal people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #26
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Almost 5 years later=83 people viewing this forum, 80 viewing Madden. Crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistoldill
Actually, it is.
To somebody who doesn't play it...yeah.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
To somebody who doesn't play it...yeah.
No. It's completely nostalgia.

Quote:
So the ACC should work around FSU having the worst academic scandal in recent history? Maybe FSU should stop cheating, fighting, packing gats, and act like normal people.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:22 PM   #28
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistoldill
No. It's completely nostalgia.
Most of us (in the 2k5 forum) play with (or want to play with) updated rosters, and try to do stuff to keep the game fresh, and stay current/relevant. Nostalgia is a yearning for the past, I can't speak for everyone else (because I don't know), but I don't play it because it brings back great memories, I play it because it's still the best NFL football game out there (IMHO).

Would you call windows XP nostalgia (I'm going by your logic)?
Old 02-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Most of us (in the 2k5 forum) play with (or want to play with) updated rosters, and try to do stuff to keep the game fresh, and stay current/relevant. Nostalgia is a yearning for the past, I can't speak for everyone else (because I don't know), but I don't play it because it brings back great memories, I play it because it's still the best NFL football game out there (IMHO).

Would you call windows XP nostalgia (I'm going by your logic)?
You're playing a game that is over four years old, on an older generation system, and you continue to posit it as being the best. Just because you can fiddle with code and make the edits to roster files does not make the game current, or even relevant. When a game can only depend on the user community keeping it alive via life support roster edits and when you have people who have turned the game into a cult like figure, that is nostalgia.

Comparing an operating system on a computer is not the same. XP users might have to upgrade their systems, and the $129.99 price point for the most basic form of Vista is an investment. I can buy a copy of NFL 2K5 from Amazon for less than two dollars. Firmware does not equal removable software.

Plenty of people play old Nintendo games and swear by them. That's nostalgia. You want to put a window dressing on it, but it is still nostalgia.

Quote:
Old 02-19-2009, 10:20 PM   #30
Rookie

fliplm0de's Arena

OVR: 5

Tell me about it, 2k5 is the only reason my xbox still sits in my room. Almost play it more then i play my ps3. Haha. Really wish this license wasn't in hand who knows what game we could of been playing, who knows.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:27 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliplm0de
Tell me about it, 2k5 is the only reason my xbox still sits in my room. Almost play it more then i play my ps3. Haha. Really wish this license wasn't in hand who knows what game we could of been playing, who knows.
Yep, thats the thing that really hurts for us football gamers. What could have been.

I tried to give the other game a chance this year, but i lasted a week and a half before i figured out it was that horrible. I still play APF though as it has the best gameplay as i am a online sports gamer.

Anyways, NFL2K5 was the total package. Again, what could have been.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2009, 12:33 PM   #32
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Yep.

NFL 2K5 is like Bad Boy.

CAN'T STOP, WON'T STOP!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »