Home

More Franchise Mode Freeze Problems

This is a discussion on More Franchise Mode Freeze Problems within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: More Franchise Mode Freeze Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by three6fan
Im just playing the regular PS2 version of this game im using the original Arizona Cardinals roster with a few rookies and some small free agents signed here and there. I had a freeze up in the draft and just now had a freeze up on week 5 of my second season
My mistake....I just assumed you were using one of the updated rosters. I never heard much about freezing issues with the original game.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:02 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'll try to clean my game out and see if that helps and I will delete my VIP file since I don't care about that anyway.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:42 PM   #11
Rookie

And to Danny I couldn't find that Carlos Joseph player you were talking about he wasn't in the free agent pool nor on a team. So you guys mean to tell me that on the original version of this game its not supposed to freeze??? ha ha that sucks for me then huh im using the old original stuff and still can't get it to work right. But im about to try to play the game over again where it froze and see what happens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2009, 07:51 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

I just started playing my Xbox copy again after some time away from it, and started experiencing way more freezing than ever before even with the original rosters. Took out the copy of 2K5 and placed in another and it's working great. I'm pretty sure my original copy of 2k5 has finally started to bite the dust, which is to be expected after hundreds of hours of play. Even though we're on different systems, I'd advise you to try another copy of the game and see if that helps. Sometimes discs have some wear and tear, especially if you bought the game used or have had the game since release. There really shouldn't be much freezing if you're using the original rosters. Try replacing your copy with a very clean one if you can...luckily 2k5 is one of the biggest bargains you can find anywhere.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 15

True but I told him to test out the file at his friend's first because it may just be the saved file and NOT the disc because he said he started another franchise and simulated and hasnt had any problems.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #14
Rookie

I played a game in this same franchise today and I did not have a freeze. Hopefully I don't have anymore freezing
Old 04-07-2009, 03:07 PM   #15
Rookie

OK guys I haven't posted in a while but I had to get rid of my first copy of 2K5 cause I had three freezes in my second franchise. Well I just brought the game new and played a game yesterday with no freeze but today I was playing and then boom freeze again. This is a BRAND NEW copy of the game just opened yesterday, this is the only one of my games on PS2 that freezes. I guess i'll just have to retire from this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #16
Rookie

Anybody have any idea of why it keeps freezing for me??? This copy of the game is brand new just opened yesterday so I have no idea what the problem is. The site that I brought it off of said they will ship me a new one so i'll try one last time with the new disc

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »