Home

No Search Results for PS3

This is a discussion on No Search Results for PS3 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17
No Search Results for PS3

Surprised I wasn't able to find anything about this game being played on the PS3. I'm lifelong NCAA and Madden player. I'm sick of hte arcade style un-sim football. I'm interested in hunting for this game but have no PS2. Is it compatible with all if any version of the PS3? Any info welcomed.

Thanks.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: No Search Results for PS3

Yes it works with the ps3
i dont have a ps3 so i dont know how to help you but....... 2k5 does work with certin ps3's versions. Theres a few threads around but go to nfl2k5rosters.com.

And i hope you enjoy 2k5
Old 02-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

DC,

It only works with the early ps3 models. I actually just went out last Friday and traded in the Madden 09 Collectors Edition and Fallout 3 for ps3 and got an original xbox, 2k5 and picked up All Pro 2k8 for ps3 again. Best decision I ever made. Only problem is I can't stop playing 2k8 long enough to dig back into 2k5.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
DC,

It only works with the early ps3 models. I actually just went out last Friday and traded in the Madden 09 Collectors Edition and Fallout 3 for ps3 and got an original xbox, 2k5 and picked up All Pro 2k8 for ps3 again. Best decision I ever made. Only problem is I can't stop playing 2k8 long enough to dig back into 2k5.
sb24, thanks for the prompt response.

lol, dogslax, what are you doing here? You're cheating on NCAA, lol.

I was afraid of that. I called around and found a local store that sells it. I'm going to pick it up later along with APF. I have a second generation PS3, I believe the first to use the backwards emulation software. I'm still going to get it because I have another PS3 that is an original PS3. The blu-ray player went busto the very next day after the Sony warranty expired (yeah my luck). I've disassembled it with the intention to replace the blu-ray player. I lost motivation after buying the new one. I'll have to resurrect that project in order to play this game or find a shop that will do it.

By the way, I've downloaded updated rosters from the nfl2k5rosters site. Is there a similar site for APF 2k8?

Old 02-23-2009, 04:52 PM   #5
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

There is an APF2k8 rosters site, but it doesn't have downloadable rosters. It has lists of codes and players to put rosters together, I think. I checked it out, but didn't really take too much away. There is no editor for it like 2k5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #6
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

Ok, so tonight I picked up both NFL2k5 and AP2k8. I got 2k5 at a local gamestop for $0.99 and AP2k8 for $5.99, manual included for 2k8. This was my first time seeing 2k5 in motion. All I can say is I want to jizz in my pants - WOW! Everything in those games from the graphics, the animation, physics the play by play and color commentary, and with 2k5 the overall presentation. I'm not usually big on halftime shows but man, I loved the Chris Berman hafltime show. I also didn't think I would appreciate the ESPN thing as much as I did. I got a kick out of the Suzy Colberg interviewing game MVP Ricky Williams.

Speaking of Ricky, it felt nice to see a power back be effective, and not in a cheap way either. Running is feels so rewarding. On one run I ran Ricky up the gut, followed a blocker and found a little daylight. He was off to the races for about a 60 yarder. After the extra point they showed him on the sideline with an oxygen mask and an oxygen tank connected. He was panting. Pretty kewl.

After playing 2k5 you really start to see what others are saying. It really makes Madden and NCAA look and feel like crap. I feel so ripped off by EA. They should just scrap NCAA and Madden and start over. I would love it if they just bought 2k's code.

With NFL 2k5 now I can finally play an NFL season/franchise mode. I downloaded the updated rosters. I'm stoked.

By the way, for those of you who have only played the AP2k8 demo, that demo does not do this game justice in any way. I didn't like the demo but man the real thing is light years better. I think NCAA is going to get neglected when I'm not playing my online dynasty games.

EDIT: Even my wife commented on how she can't believe it was a game made in 2004. She further commented that the graphics might be better than NCAA.

Last edited by deadlyCane; 02-23-2009 at 09:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »