Home

Strange Player Progression

This is a discussion on Strange Player Progression within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Strange Player Progression

I don't have a lot of experience with the francise mode, but usually it seems like 1 of 3 things happens when I draft a player:
1. He gets a lot better for the first several years and becomes a great player quickly.
2. He sporadically gains rating points a few at a time and slowly becomes a better player.
3. He never really progresses very much.
Usually it seems like the higher round picks who are better right at the start tend to take the first two paths. But, not always, which I think is very realistic. However, I recently had a player I just can not figure out. He's a HB I drafted in the 1st round of my year 1 draft. He was about a 77 when I drafted him. After the 1st preseason he was like an 80. He was my main RB his whole rookie season. Then after the next preseason he jumped up to an 88 overall. Again he was my main running back. Now, after the preseason before his 3rd season (my 4th of the francise) his rating dropped all the way to a 75. Has anyone ever seen this before? Interestingly, my 7yr veteran backup running back moved from a 76 to an 84 (Correll Buckhalter). Any insight into this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Strange Player Progression

i dunno man it did that to me to, like well i drafted jerome bettis an di was useing him whenever i could he was un stoppable breakin tackles, scorin TD's for the entire first season. then start up next season, he dropped to a 60? i dunno what that was about but suddenly he couldnt even break a single tackle and he fumbled quite frequently. so i cut him. and drafted emmit smith, he did alright for the season still got to the super bowl with him. then his rating drops and he retires!!! i was MAD. so i had to get another friggin running back so i drafted a first rounder started out liek yours and just raised rapid like yours. but i thought ahead and traded him and teddy bruschi off for brian urlacher.

well i check back with the jets (thats where he went) and did good with them took them to the superbowl against me. i beat them then the next season starts. and they showed hi hightlights from the first few games of the new season and they showed him gettin jacked up and fumbling the ball. and half way threw the season he got injured and placed on IR. and then the jets cut him the end of the season haha.

so idk dude. now ill drafter dudes and when they get good ill trade them off for draft picks or better players at other positions

ALSO whatever you do NEVER draft tony gonsolas or howveer you spell his damn name. because i drafted him because i was gonna just trade him off for something better durin the season ( i had jason witten i dident need tony) well low and behold NOBODY wanted him NOBODY! the best offer i got was a 80 rating QB lol and tony was on 99. so yeah avoid him at all costs!
Old 02-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Strange Player Progression

Quote:
his rating dropped all the way to a 75
Probably hit a Sophmore slump.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »