Home

I have some questions for ADVANCED 2K5 users

This is a discussion on I have some questions for ADVANCED 2K5 users within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2009, 04:59 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 19
I have some questions for ADVANCED 2K5 users

I had this game when it first came out for PS2 but I've forgotten almost everything! I just recently purchased it for Xbox so I can play on my 360. Time for the questions!

1. How do you do the different hot routes exactly (including making a player block)?

2. How do you flip a play one on the line of scrimmage/Can you flip the direction of a run play at the line of scrimmage?

3. Pre-game, can you select a specific playbook for offense/defense?

4. Can you import music from your 360 into the game, or do you have to use the music already in the game? I know there's something for using "custom stadium music"

5. Is there any way to change a player's primary position (not including create-a-player)?

If there's any other details you'd like to add, please let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2009, 02:48 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: I have some questions for ADVANCED 2K5 users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
I had this game when it first came out for PS2 but I've forgotten almost everything! I just recently purchased it for Xbox so I can play on my 360. Time for the questions!

1. How do you do the different hot routes exactly (including making a player block)?

2. How do you flip a play one on the line of scrimmage/Can you flip the direction of a run play at the line of scrimmage?

4. Can you import music from your 360 into the game, or do you have to use the music already in the game? I know there's something for using "custom stadium music"

5. Is there any way to change a player's primary position (not including create-a-player)?

1) Honestly, I dont use hot routes but if I remember correctly, its the right analog.

2) Since you're playing with the 360 controller, im not sure but when you selet a play, it will say the button to flip the play in the top right corner. The button is the same when on the field but you have to bring up the audible menu first.

3) You can select other team's playbook as a whole but not for offense or defense itself.

4) I believe that there's a topic saying how to do this. I suggest reading that topic.

5) In game itself - NO. If you use FINN's editor, you can change positions and then transfer the file over using the transfer cable.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #3
MVP

dophin26's Arena

1) Right analog and then the button for the reciever. I believe you press in the right analog button to designate a pass blocker.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

bring up the audible menu then click right analog to flip the run but not the formation. As in a run going to the right behind the te, then being fliped to go left behind the tackle with the te on the other side of the field...... Other wise to flip the whole play its what he said.

FYI the in game manual explains alot of things. And im not talking about the book either. There is an in-game guide and it is very helpful. Probably more helpful than people online.....(example do a poll and see how many here know that u can flip the play without flipping the formation. Many do but you would be surprised who doesnt.)
Old 03-11-2009, 06:39 PM   #5
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing

1) First push the right stick in the direction to choose whichever route you want to use, then press the corresponding button of the receiver you want to run that route. Just go into Practice mode to see what all of the routes are, there are 8 directions you can push stick: up, down, left, right, up/right, up/left, down/right, and down/left. To make a receiver/tight end block just click the right stick like a button and then press the face button assigned to him.

2) Press Y (this brings up audible menu) and then click the right stick.

3) Press Y at the team select screen. There are actually a few different things to choose on that screen. After making your changes just press B to go back to the previous screen and then press Start to begin the game.

4) No, you cannot use music on your 360 that you've ripped from a CD. There is however a tutorial on how to get custom music in your game. It seems a little confusing at first, but once you understand it, it does work well.

5) No.

Last edited by utorde; 03-12-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #6
Banned

Thank you, I appreciate all the input.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

The only way to change a players position is use finns editor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »