Home

Madden NFL 10 Impressions So Far (For 2k Gamers)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Impressions So Far (For 2k Gamers) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 01:11 AM   #25
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 10 Impressions So Far (For 2k Gamers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsii13
I am curious to know what you all think about what we have seen so far of Madden 10.

I think that the screenshots are looking better (love the towels and handwarmers). Interested to see the gameplay vid.

My 2k5 will still stay the champ of console football, unless Madden 10 is revolutionary.

What you guys think
Ok, i admit i went out and bought 2K because i wanted to re-live an experience i never have had since. I get fresh up-to-date rosters, throw the game in...and realize one of the most game killing things ever...THE DRAFT.

I just cant live with the fact that the CPU will pick the same first round positions each and every year. I have never seen a CB taken in the first, or a DT. Each and every year i play, i have to trade down because i am always projected to take a HB when i have taken one the year before that and so on.

Madden has its problems, we all know that. Madden's draft logic is about as good as i am at math, and trust me i never got above a C. the gameplay is passable at best, the ball warping through players, which sometimes leads to INT's is unexcuseable. But i dont know about you guys, but i have a terrible time throwing to my HB in 2K5. He almost always drops the ball, it may be me, it may not be.

Presentation wise, yes 2K pretty much did all the right things to wow and catch everyones attention. But ask yourself this: if you just bought exclusive rights to a sport to make games for, would the first thing you want to do is copy a competitors previous game? Imagine this: When EA bought ESPN, would everyone like to have seen Chris Berman, and a sportscenter broadcast in the game? Of course we would. Then again, would there be people out there crying foul because EA got desperate and copied 2K? Of course there would be.

The point i am trying to make is, i can see where EA is going, and thats in the oposite direction of 2K. They dont want to copy 2K5 and slap maddens name on it and call it football. At the very best, they want to create new aspects to get people to forget about 2K.

They have the ESPN license and why they have not used it is beyond me. If they said something reguarding why that have not used it, then please correct me. EA needs to look at what 2K did with the presentation and add things of thier own and not make a carbon copy of 2K...no matter how many people want it. I would go as far as saying some 2K fans would be upset if madden took some of the presentation factors, again only because 2K5 did it first.

2K is a great game. It does things better than madden, and madden does some things better than 2K. But to say anything about this years madden now, is like saying that the broncos would never have traded Jay Cutler this offseason.

I look forward to this years Madden, and i am not afriad to take heat from 2K gamers about it, because i too am a 2K gamer. I just have learned to not always live in the past, no matter how great it was.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

Last edited by Instant C1a55ic; 04-26-2009 at 03:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #26
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

Yo alexbraun,

You have to touch pass to you HBs on swing passes.
I searched for a video example. . .but I will just have to make one when I return to Chicago. . .

Also I have seen an O-Lineman go #1 before. . .& LOL a Kicker too. . .but then again I have played 11 years in my franchise.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:14 PM   #27
All Star

OVR: 21

NFL2K5 stopped being a viable option to me a long time ago. When the game was made backwards compat for the 360 I was amazed at how well it held up. But I think expecting a 5yr old game that was developed on last gen systems to match up well to a next gen game is impractical. Yes, it's pretty ridiculous EA/Tiburon hasn't buried the memory of 2K5 by now (and APF2K8) - which speaks both to the quality of those two games and somewhat to the ineptness of next gen Madden - but at some point it's going to happen

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-26-2009, 09:53 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 26

Videos mean absolutely nothing.

Every year I rent Madden, and every year I set up a game and run sweeps with my RB, and every year as he hits the open field he suddenly slows down and starts sliding sideways into the waiting arms of some CPU linebacker standing several yards away from him. I then remove the game from my console and return it to Blockbuster. This annual routine usually takes 20 minutes tops.

Until the Madden developers design a game engine that doesn't include this stupid, cheesy, idiotic, ridiculous suction tackling, there is no reason to even begin to consider another football game other than 2K5.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:09 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
The point i am trying to make is, i can see where EA is going, and thats in the oposite direction of 2K. They dont want to copy 2K5 and slap maddens name on it and call it football. At the very best, they want to create new aspects to get people to forget about 2K
this is likely to fan the flames unfortunately but i did chuckle a little reading this POV. this morning on an entercom sports radio affialiate--- they own the major AM sports bands in 30+ US cities including WEEI Boston, KCSP Kansas City, WGR Buffalo, Seattle, San Francisco, etc--- they did a Madden "special" (wonder what that cost EA)

In it the hot new features were (no joke):
1) flick of the right stick= evasive/avoidance move by the QB to dodge pressure

2) the OL will form an actual pocket around the QB

3) some new physics buzz word (can't remember) but the end-game being that it will help finally implement gang-tackling, after years of unsuccessful attempts

4) a steep drop in player ratings to separate the elite players. "many players in the 40-60 range" eg Matt Leinart drops from an 85 OVR in 2009 to 62 OVR in 2010. Troy Williamson? 78=>52 OVR

Sound familiar?? Wow. Just wow. IMO, pretty hard to make the argument they are trying to go the opposite direction of Visual Concepts
Old 04-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #30
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I still NFL 2k5 to this day on my XBOX. No, I don't have all the editors and updates, just plain old out of the box NFL 2k5. But I have never had a problem playing with outdated rosters. I like to play franchise mode, and my team changes anyway, so it doesn't bother me.

But I also still play Madden 06 on the XBOX as well. I just got a PS3 this winter, so I don't have many games (just COD4 and MLB 09: The Show, along with a ton of demos).

I'll be getting Madden 10 (stupid name, should be Madden 2010) this summer. It's been a longggg time since I've had current rosters. And plus, I haven't played the next generation Madden's too much, probably about a game total since they've released for the 360/PS3. But I had fun... I was playing against a friend.

I'm a gamer that can play any style. When I had 2k5, I played Madden 05 as well. Like I said, I still play 06 (that's what happens when you play out 6 seasons, on to my 7th now). I've accepted that 2k5 and the Madden series play completely different. But I'm comfortable with both games.

I'm actually really excited for Madden 10. It may not have a lot of the features and options 2k5 did, but I'm sure it'll have features and options that 2k5 did not have as well. It's a trade off.

It's really all our opinion. If you can't stand anything Madden, then of course, you should stay away from it. Likewise for if you're a Maddenite. Then there's people like me and Behindshadows who can play both games for what they are. I've always been someone who likes to experience many different things instead of steadfastly sticking to one thing (though I realize many have tried Madden and hated it). I respect everyone's opinion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #31
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

I still LOVE NFl 2K5 and unless Madden 10' knocks it into oblivion....I am sticking with it. I will play Madden 10' but the features they are adding to it were available 5yrs ago LAST GEN. Pro-TAK is the only thing that is supposed to be new so far.....It had better impress the ****outta me! It sounds repetitive, but it is very sad that a game 5years older is beating a company with unlimited resources and an exclusive license. EA is just not my type of company...they should love the spirit of Competition...Heck Even SONY had a decent Football game brewing in 04'...Microsoft had NFL Fever which was starting to step its game up and it had several outstanding features....Madden....living off of the name. I hope Ian and Phil really REVOLUTIONIZE the "game" of football. I am truly pulling for them...if they don't do it this year....I will not ever buy another Madden Game again.

2K should do something like High School Football or Division II College Football....I really despise Exclusivity!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #32
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

Sorry guys.. locking this up // if you like to discuss Madden, please discuss it there. These types of threads only go in one direction -- downhill.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »