Home

2K5 Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on 2K5 Franchise Mode within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
Rookie

BuzzKardzrool's Arena

OVR: 7
2K5 Franchise Mode

I bought 2K5 when it came out as a Madden fan because of it's low price and great reviews. I eventually bought Madden 2005 and stopped playing 2K5 primarily because of flaws I found in the franchise mode. Not that Madden 2005 didn't have endless franchise mode flaws. It's been awhile so I'm not sure what the flaws were and I'm thinking about trying it out again.

How is the franchise mode? And how does it compare to last-gen Madden's franchise mode? I remember little things like the interface made it hard to see how old the players were and things like that which just really annoyed me but I don't think I got far enough to see if the rookies were realistic, or the computer AI, or the progression/regression system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 12:26 AM   #2
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 2K5 Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzKardzrool
I bought 2K5 when it came out as a Madden fan because of it's low price and great reviews. I eventually bought Madden 2005 and stopped playing 2K5 primarily because of flaws I found in the franchise mode. Not that Madden 2005 didn't have endless franchise mode flaws. It's been awhile so I'm not sure what the flaws were and I'm thinking about trying it out again.

How is the franchise mode? And how does it compare to last-gen Madden's franchise mode? I remember little things like the interface made it hard to see how old the players were and things like that which just really annoyed me but I don't think I got far enough to see if the rookies were realistic, or the computer AI, or the progression/regression system.
I find the franchise mode to be horrific at best when it comes to the draft. I think only DE, HB, QB, G and i think T's are the only positions that are projected in the 1st. Its WAY to easy to look in the rookie report and see who the best player is that you need. You can easily trade your 1st pick if no one suits you and take sometimes the highly rated player in the draft with the first pick of the second round.

Stats are a unbalanced, but dont take my work for it since i have not used Pujas roster since it hasnt come out for this season. But with other creaters rosters for this season, so far i have had HUGE sucess with all of the my rookies. The QB's have beyond belief stats. I had Chris Sims throw for over 3,500 yards, 39 td's and 10 Int's.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 04-26-2009, 05:27 AM   #3
Rookie

BuzzKardzrool's Arena

Wow, that doesn't sound too good. I don't get how this game could be THAT highly touted with all these flaws. I know Madden also always has game-killing qualities (in my opinion) but this game gets so much credit, and it doesn't even have a solid franchise mode. With this in mind, I still think that Madden 2005 is better than 2K5. Just my personal opinion. Not that current-gen Madden haven't made much improvements and have often made steps backward. It's irrelevant to my 2004 and now 2009 opinion. Still wish 2K could make NFL games so my Madden might not suck. We'll see what happens this year. I won't make a purchase until I know I'll be satisfied. Still might try 2K5 again just to check out the gameplay, but I really don't see the point.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:28 AM   #4
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzKardzrool
Wow, that doesn't sound too good. I don't get how this game could be THAT highly touted with all these flaws. I know Madden also always has game-killing qualities (in my opinion) but this game gets so much credit, and it doesn't even have a solid franchise mode. With this in mind, I still think that Madden 2005 is better than 2K5. Just my personal opinion. Not that current-gen Madden haven't made much improvements and have often made steps backward. It's irrelevant to my 2004 and now 2009 opinion. Still wish 2K could make NFL games so my Madden might not suck. We'll see what happens this year. I won't make a purchase until I know I'll be satisfied. Still might try 2K5 again just to check out the gameplay, but I really don't see the point.
Wow. I dont recommend you get the game. The reason people play 2k5 is the gameplay. Period. While they are doing so, if they have to play the computer, they play franchise. If the franchise mode is whats important to you go get head coach. If what happens while you actually playing the game is most important then try it. And you wont make a purchase of a dollar(unless you cant find it in your area used)? Do you still think madden is better gameplay if you dont even play 2k5? Videos on youtube dont do it justice. But your right, there is no point to trying it. Just wait till madden 10 and all your problems will be over. Not to mention i doubt you gonna want to do the work to update the rosters.

Save yourself the $1
And really save yourself and dont go anywhere near apf 2k8. That game only has a single season. But the gameplay is actual football. And its going to cost in the $10 range.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #5
Rookie

BuzzKardzrool's Arena

Yea, I played and owned 2K5 when it came out. Just wasn't into the gameplay, probably didn't give it enough time though. I can't play Head Coach, it's ridiculously flawed. We'll see with Madden 10, I'm not counting on anything but it would be nice if it comes through. I also tried APF2K8, I thought it was decent but didn't give it too much time as it would have gotten old to me regardless.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »