Home

Franchise Stat Issue...

This is a discussion on Franchise Stat Issue... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Franchise Stat Issue...

I recently uploaded Finn's rosters, which are very well done (Thank You!). I simmed the first year of the franchise, in order to begin a draft and start fresh.

Well, when I started my 2nd season I realized that the stats didn't re-set, they just conitnued from the year before ... so in week one, I have QBs that have thrown for 5,000+ yards because it just added there 1st game totals from this season onto the totals from last season...

Had anyone else had this issue? And if so, any fixes? If I have to change a setting or something and start a new franchise, I'm ok with that, just need to know what it is. I play on the ps3. Thanks in advance guys!

Swenk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #2
Rookie

dogeatery's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Franchise Stat Issue...

Yes, I'm also having this issue. It's screwing up the game big-time. Pro Bowl voting is in the tens of millions for top vote-getters and I have a thousand-yard back in the sixth week of the season!

I'm surprised we're the only ones with this problem ... or I shoudl say, I'm surprised we're the only ones reporting this problem
Old 05-19-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I also had this issue initially in my franchise using a modified roster (Puja's I think..) The issue goes away after a couple years of franchise mode. I think you have to go through however many years is the difference between the current year and 2005, so this year the issue may last up to 4 years. It is a small price to pay though for keeping such a great game active. You just see their career stats instead of yearly stats.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
Rookie

dogeatery's Arena

it affected the postseason stats as well. After two playoff games, it gave a summary of postseason stats and my QB only had 61 yards passing listed in the stat overlay.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 16

guys ...what are your sim quarter lengh?...I play mine at 4-5 min depending on the sliders im using. but i have never had that problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #6
Rookie

dogeatery's Arena

My sim quarters are at 5 minutes (and halfway through the season I switch to 4 minutes, as per someone's suggestion on this board)
Old 05-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogeatery
Yes, I'm also having this issue. It's screwing up the game big-time. Pro Bowl voting is in the tens of millions for top vote-getters and I have a thousand-yard back in the sixth week of the season!

I'm surprised we're the only ones with this problem ... or I shoudl say, I'm surprised we're the only ones reporting this problem
it's a known problem

this will occur with my 3 most recent roster files on xbox1 if they are used to start franchises-- talking about the files i posted together this offseason. the same thing also occurred in my files from previous years, and was remedied. it may occur in the rosters/franchises posted by others too (i dont know)

There IS a fix for xbox1 at least-- i don't know about for ports of the roster to other systems. however, there is no fix for this on an in-progress franchise.

The fix for this issue specifically requires FlyingFinn to do something to the files, after which I make some corrections lost during the fix & repost the files to the community. they can then be used to start new franchises from scratch without this bug occurring.

this is the main reason you have not seen a franchise posted by me with everything updated (schedule, draft class, coaches, etc); first, i need finn to clean that bug from the files or you'll see the same problem in my franchises; full-season stats populating for some players after year-one but before any year-two games have been played

Hope that clears it up for you. Unfortunately, there is no fix for this bug in your current/existing/in-progress franchises. However, sit tight & i'll get clean files (both updated rosters & franchises) posted this offseason as always

Last edited by puja21; 05-26-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:06 AM   #8
Rookie

dogeatery's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
Unfortunately, there is no fix for this bug in your current/existing/in-progress franchises. However, sit tight & i'll get clean files (both updated rosters & franchises) posted this offseason as always
Hey, personally I'm just glad everything ELSE works fine! But if we don't mention the bugs then they'll never get fixed for those to whom it's most important.

FYI I'm running the PS2 version, so I'm probably a low priority around here anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »