Home

WTF is wrong with the pursuit in this game?

This is a discussion on WTF is wrong with the pursuit in this game? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2009, 03:03 AM   #1
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

OVR: 6
WTF is wrong with the pursuit in this game?

How can Roy Williams (WR), who has 85 speed mind you, leave Troy Polamalu in the dust? Human pursuit all the way up and Troy's speed at 95. WTF is wrong with this game? Is speed a placebo rating in this game as well? I'm tired of linebackers chasing Willie Parker dows\n when CPU pursuit is all the way down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 05:34 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: WTF is wrong with the pursuit in this game?

There are speed cheats in the game, yes. CPU players gain the equivalent of an extra 10-15 speed ratings points in rundown situations. And that number goes up on kick returns, which is one way VC "fixed" the problem of easy User kick returns in NFL 2K4. Two issues people have had with the game over the years include the inability to gain YAC, and the inability to gain big yards on INTs and fumble recoveries. Both problems are a result of the speed cheat programming that VC coded into 2K5.

Last edited by baa7; 05-31-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:58 AM   #3
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20

im have been trying to figure that one out myself.. I love how and Offensive T can chase down a 90 speed CB on INT down sidelines LOL
Old 05-31-2009, 10:59 AM   #4
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaReaper09
How can Roy Williams (WR), who has 85 speed mind you, leave Troy Polamalu in the dust? Human pursuit all the way up and Troy's speed at 95. WTF is wrong with this game? Is speed a placebo rating in this game as well? I'm tired of linebackers chasing Willie Parker dows\n when CPU pursuit is all the way down.
whos roster were you using mine ?
Old 05-31-2009, 12:33 PM   #5
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I like it and think it is necessary. How many breakaway runs do you want? Realistically, backs just don't break away that often. I actually exaggerate DB speed and lower back speed just for that reason. When you do get that rare breakaway, it is a lot more enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 01:37 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
Realistically, backs just don't break away that often.
That's never been a complaint with this particular issue. The problems are receivers don't get many yards after catching the ball; defensive backs returning INTs get caught and tackled by linemen of all players; and it's almost impossible to return a kickoff past the 30 yard line. All of these gameplay issues with 2K5 are a result of the speed cheat programming in the game.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:28 PM   #7
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Stamina really effects pursuit on Defense. Most Defensive players have really low stamina ratings. I always make DB's 80's to 90's in stamina, same with my LBs.

Mike Alstott used to run 80 yard TD's.. his stamina was 95 and his speed was 78..
Old 05-31-2009, 02:30 PM   #8
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaReaper09
What is Parkers Stamina Rating? Just curious

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »