Home

there is hope for us 2k5 fans

This is a discussion on there is hope for us 2k5 fans within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 08:23 PM   #33
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: there is hope for us 2k5 fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by videlsports
Everybody the college license is up this year. After 2010, 2k sports Can make College football games. Ncaa knows that having muiltiple outlets they can make more money. They signed for 6 years which ends this year.. they can Hone their football games with college games until the NFL license is up.
Wow, I had completely forgot about that. If 2k comes out with an NCAA football game, I'll be first in line. It would be funny to watch EA's game get pawned in it's first year out lol.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:09 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

I say we raise FDR from the grave to end these evil Monopolies. Competition is good for the consumer and keeps the business's honest.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:03 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
See? Another thing that's EA's fault!

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Wow. I hadn't considered that! EA is singlehandedly responsible for the extinction of the entire human race!

RIP Steve. You will always be my Hero.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 09:07 AM   #36
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

I bought 2k5. It was a pretty good game I thought. Presentation was great. Gameplay did NOT even compare to Madden then, and doesn't now. Don't get me wrong, past couple of years Madden's gameplay hasn't exactly been what it should be, but still better than 2k5. It is not as great as you all make it out to be. I am not an EA supportor (I LOVE NBA 2K). But, who's to say that 2K would have made a better 2k6, 2k7, etc. Although their basketball series is top notch, to further my case I present to you.... MLB 2K9 . But you never hear that one brought up in these "if only EA didn't have NFL exclusive liscensing...." arguements. This is just my opinion though. Let the execution begin.....
Old 07-30-2009, 03:15 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
I bought 2k5. It was a pretty good game I thought. Presentation was great. Gameplay did NOT even compare to Madden then, and doesn't now. Don't get me wrong, past couple of years Madden's gameplay hasn't exactly been what it should be, but still better than 2k5. It is not as great as you all make it out to be. I am not an EA supportor (I LOVE NBA 2K). But, who's to say that 2K would have made a better 2k6, 2k7, etc. Although their basketball series is top notch, to further my case I present to you.... MLB 2K9 . But you never hear that one brought up in these "if only EA didn't have NFL exclusive liscensing...." arguements. This is just my opinion though. Let the execution begin.....
Back then I prefered Madded too but that was due to a better button setup and smoother game play. But then I realized 2k5 is more realistic and then i got used to its controls. Then I highly preferred 2k5 over Madden last gen especially this gen. This gen in Madden they run like robots....thats not fun and ruins the gameplay. People prefer Madden because its what most people know and the controls are familiar. Its not more realistic

Last edited by dhlord64; 07-30-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:27 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 6

the only real thing i think that 2k didn't do is momentum as far as directions and that sort but EA just put it in their games in 09 so 2k would've done it in 2k6 but this game is saving me $60 or a crappy christmas present each year...so im happy

get anything from here
Old 08-01-2009, 12:52 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlord64
Back then I prefered Madded too but that was due to a better button setup and smoother game play. But then I realized 2k5 is more realistic and then i got used to its controls. Then I highly preferred 2k5 over Madden last gen especially this gen. This gen in Madden they run like robots....thats not fun and ruins the gameplay. People prefer Madden because its what most people know and the controls are familiar. Its not more realistic
Agreed. I preferred Madden for years just based on familiarity of the controls. Once I realized how stale it had become on last gen and poor 08 was on the PS3, I finally caved in and picked up 2K5 on the Xbox. 2K5 obviously has it flaws (no game is close to "perfect"), but it still plays better and is more realistic. The game does a very good job of replicating an actual NFL game. Plus, great people like Puja and gr18 keep the game alive with their amazing roster files.

NFL 2K5 ($5) + Xport ($50) = Years of great football gaming

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »