Home

there is hope for us 2k5 fans

This is a discussion on there is hope for us 2k5 fans within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22
there is hope for us 2k5 fans

for everyone who plays nfl 2k5 there is hope for us but it will seem like an eternity away. this hope that i speak of is that once 2013 comes around we will finally get the license back unless ea extends with the nfl (which probably will happen) but here is a proposed thought. 2K gives the baseball lisence back and ea does the same with football that way everyone is happy. we get to play NFL2K13 and MVP Baseball 13 does anyone else agree with my proposed idea???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: there is hope for us 2k5 fans

It won't work.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:34 AM   #3
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
for everyone who plays nfl 2k5 there is hope for us but it will seem like an eternity away. this hope that i speak of is that once 2013 comes around we will finally get the license back unless ea extends with the nfl (which probably will happen) but here is a proposed thought. 2K gives the baseball lisence back and ea does the same with football that way everyone is happy. we get to play NFL2K13 and MVP Baseball 13 does anyone else agree with my proposed idea???
Wow do you still believe in Santa too!
Old 06-28-2009, 05:54 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
2K gives the baseball lisence back and ea does the same with football that way everyone is happy.
If that were to go down, 2K would have to sweeten the deal substantially, given football outsells baseball by 20 to 1 if not more. If 2K tossed in several first round draft picks, along with The Boston Red Sox, both the Red Wings and Penguins AND Chris Pronger, the deed to Neverland and the publishing rights to the Beatles' early songs, plus Derek Jeter, Minka Kelly, Jessica Biel, Jessica Alba and Mariah Carey, then maybe.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 15

Actually, people dont realize that there's lawsuits and whatnot against EA regarding the exclusive license that they have with the NFL. My friend told me this last week after he read it on a gaming site. EA hasnt improved their product, has jacked up the price and even tried to screw over the legends by including them in their game but not by name.

Also, the cases may be going to Supreme Court because thats how serious they are. It's not something that EA can just buyout. Personally, I believe it when I see it but at the same time, I wouldnt be surprised to see the NFL/EA exclusive deal get voided out by the Supreme Court.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
MVP

jr86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Actually, people dont realize that there's lawsuits and whatnot against EA regarding the exclusive license that they have with the NFL. My friend told me this last week after he read it on a gaming site. EA hasnt improved their product, has jacked up the price and even tried to screw over the legends by including them in their game but not by name.

Also, the cases may be going to Supreme Court because thats how serious they are. It's not something that EA can just buyout. Personally, I believe it when I see it but at the same time, I wouldnt be surprised to see the NFL/EA exclusive deal get voided out by the Supreme Court.
Not to defend EA, but really everyones beef should be with the NFL not EA. After all it was the NFL that decided they were going to give an exclusive licence, it just so happened that EA bought it.
2k had their chance but were outbid.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #7
Pro

Steelersfan85's Arena

OVR: 11

I think it would just be interesting to see how much more effort EA would but in to Madden in 2013 if 2K was making a game. It would prove how lazy they had been the past eight years.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #8
MVP

jr86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan85
I think it would just be interesting to see how much more effort EA would but in to Madden in 2013 if 2K was making a game. It would prove how lazy they had been the past eight years.
I've got to be honest. Madden this year is looking pretty good, now not to 2k standards but i would think if they sort out some of their animations and upgrade the presentation to 2k levels that in the next couple of years that will finally have a game worthy of attention.
Only 7yrs later...lol but still

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »