Home

apf 2k8 vs nfl2k5

This is a discussion on apf 2k8 vs nfl2k5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: apf 2k8 vs nfl2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcanobatiz
i own both games, and i play both regularly, i noticed (besides of graphics) the only thing that separates the 2 games is the defensive coverage, i noticed that APF has tighter coverage, the thing with 2k5 is that coverage is so weird, thats why u see players going in circles. coverages are too loose, u can see the safety in a cover 4 (in 2k5) doublemarking the receiver in a go route, (in apf) the safety will stay in the middle, leaving the receiver in the go route single marked......

other than that is the same game, i am very impressed with 2k5, to bad its impossible to fix the cover (i have tried every possible sliders settings).

what do u think?

i think apf is the best football game EVER!!!!!!
Y'know, I think that APF also has a better (easier. lol.) run game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 09:31 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
NFL 2K5 is probably the most customizable sports game ever created for the console (and thanks to Finn for a lot of that as well). Well, maybe the PES series is more customizable come to think of it, but NFL 2K5 is close. The reason so many of us can't get into APF is because VC took the "Screw you, shut up and play" route with their fan base and decided they'd make an online game, one that was practically worthless offline.

I recognize that APF's gameplay -- while having issues that aren't in NFL 2K5 -- is a bit better. But IMO, APF is the biggest next-gen sports game disappointment ever. And the biggest waste of a gaming franchise opportunity by 2K ever as well -- and that's saying a lot seeing they've produced more than their share of major screwups the past few years.

100% wrong. APF is a better looking and playing game than 2k5, I own both.

The horrible running animations alone in 2k5 is the reason I can barely even play the game.......

Also since I am an online gamer APF was/is one of the best video games ever made. my all time favorite game on the 360!
Old 07-24-2009, 04:12 PM   #27
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I own both and will never get rid of either long as I own my 360 and original xbox. With that said I give the nod to 2K8 simply cause there gamply is what would 2K5 be IMO if it was on next gen or possibly created every year. The one thing that kind of kills it for me playing NFL 2K5 is the passing plays....No deep outs or deep sqaure in's unless you go into a multiple wide formations. The one feature I love about Madden is the "smart routes", I love that feature on 2K5 I would be in heaven.

But overall, even though they both are my two top favorite football games to this very day, I would have to go with 2K8.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #28
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

man, i cant believe nobody has found out a way to hack 2k8, and create our own teams/players.

this would be all we would need. I could stop trying to come up with excuses why Madden is ok..
Old 07-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #29
Rookie

Lodeus's Arena

OVR: 8

All Pro is an amazing football game.

2k5 on the other hand isn't that great IMO.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:11 PM   #30
Banned

BLBxLakers24's Arena

OVR: 4

APF is better when it comes to realism and gameplay. 2k5 of course has the Real NFL teams, more features etc etc. I love both.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:16 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears2040
Hmm, I said APF was the better playing game, and I never said boo about which game looked better. I guess in the midst of your smackdown rant you forgot to try and post something that actually made sense.

Last edited by baa7; 07-27-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 09:29 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears2040

The horrible running animations alone in 2k5 is the reason I can barely even play the game.......

Also since I am an online gamer APF was/is one of the best video games ever made. my all time favorite game on the 360!
+10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »