Home

i solved db bug!!!!!!

This is a discussion on i solved db bug!!!!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2009, 03:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
i solved db bug!!!!!!

yup....

its easy plus now the roster makers can forget about generic catch and agg. etc. (i am not good at making rosters my admiration to jsou puja21 and fun n gun)

its easy, just edit ur rosters by cuting the agility of all positions by 50%, this will make the game unvelibale realistic, qb % gets better because defenders react slower, and u wont see cb slowing or circles(sliders needed), i have been testing this, all positions can get top players at 100 easy, exept cb...u will need a mix of deon with woodson (rod), for a 100 rating cb, that is 99 cov, spd, jump, 50 catch, and a great tackling and run cover, besides that the game is still very balanced.....

with the agility cuted by half just adjust ur sliders like this:

1.- if u use zero kind sliders(hum & cpu) with very few clicks, max out hum & cpu cover leaving ints at 20

2.- if u use legend kind of sliders (hum very few clicks vs cpu almost maxed out) give both cpu & hum 20 (default all-pro) cover. int 20

oviously i am expecting these to get tweaked and get better by some of u i know are very good at this.

so far what i expect is the posibility of more real rosters with every player having their own personality, u wont even notice agility its cut by half, and 90 agility players that will now be 45, now really move better than a 70 agility guy that will now be 35, i hope this can help the game evolve to the next level.

i love to play franchise and editing rookies (cuting agility by 50%) its a lot of work, but every second its worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: i solved db bug!!!!!!

I've been playing the game with agility reduced to around 50% tops for three years. But only because it improves the animations and looks of the game. I'll admit that the idiotic DB play isn't an issue anymore, but I thought it had more to do with raising Coverage and Consistency ratings (between 90-127 for all players) and playing with EQ on. Interesting results, regardless.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

How specifically do you cut everyone by 50%? Do you do a "Fixed" cut or "The other type"? Am I making any sense?
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I've been playing the game with agility reduced to around 50% tops for three years.
Is that across the board or just for certain positions?

I'd imagine, in terms of coverage, doing it across the board would essentially nullify the benefits (other than, perhaps, the animation improvement) as both sides are still on the same relative footing.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:57 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Is that across the board or just for certain positions?
Across the board. Everyone gets their Agility lowered by 50% or more. Although select star players and certain positions (RB for example) are higher -- up to a 65 rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Across the board. Everyone gets their Agility lowered by 50% or more. Although select star players and certain positions (RB for example) are higher -- up to a 65 rating.
I'll have to give it a try. I've reduced things like speed and agility to help with some of the harsher movements the game has, but never at a hard-line number (kinda winged it...lol).

What amazes me is how still, after playing this game for 5 years now, I can find ways to make this game tighter. It's become cliche to say it's a shame the franchise didn't get to move forward, but it is indeed.

Then again, the "less is more" (to put it mildly) mentality VC has gone with towards their recent releases makes me wonder if it would have mattered anyway.. Oh well, it's moot, and I'm starting to ramble...lol.

Thanks, baa!
Old 07-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I'll have to give it a try.
A quick way to test it is to globally reduce ratings by position by a set number. For OL and DT, lower Agility at 15. For DE and FB, edit down to 25. For QB, TE and LB, 35. For FS and SS, 45. For WR, CB and RB, 55... something like that. Only takes a minute. Then play a couple games and see what you think.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

i mean cath not cover(my mistake)

i am using this sliders

all cpu 36 exept fat 20 and catch 20

all hum 6 exept fat & catch 20

inj fum & int 20

and the agility cut if for ALL!!!!! positions ofence & defence

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »