Home

How some people create rosters that don't freeze while others can't

This is a discussion on How some people create rosters that don't freeze while others can't within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 02:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
How some people create rosters that don't freeze while others can't

Roster makers, how is it that you make rosters that don't freeze in franchise? What is it that you do and do not do to make sure you avoid freezing issues. I'd really like to know as I can't make my own roster without freeing happening. I mean I use large attributes, make sure salary isn't negative/all teams below salary cap, I use fake photos, and rename coaches. How do I fix things?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 02:46 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: How some people create rosters that don't freeze while others can't

I have attatched my file. I would appreciate anyone who can help me to make sure it won't freeze when using it in franchise.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_010720053.zip (245.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-20-2009, 03:57 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

When does the file freeze?
Old 07-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have never had freezing problems in franchise with the exception of one guy: Damien Anderson (like 4 years ago). For some reason his picture would freeze my game until I made him no photo.

When you copy paste players, two things I have noticed in the editor can screw you up..

1. When you use copy-paste... and then go to rename the player in your file (I only ever use Paste Player or Attributes Only, not Paste Exact Copy), it uses the drop down name list from the file you copied FROM which will screw things up cuz there's no reference in your file. I always check this before renaming. To fix it, go to edit the first file's player, then exit. Then go to your file's guy and it should be fine.

2.Sometimes the college is not in you list (cuz some guys have added colleges in the .txt files that the editor refernces) and it gets changed (again this is because the editor is referencing the list from the copied player) This results in the player's college team to be missing.

-Also if you put guys into IR in the editor, sometimes it duplicates that guy in-game which will screw the game up forever (no recovery here), or it places that guy into the college pool. That might bugger it up too..

Also, I have never renamed coaches. I'd like to, but I'm scared as hell to do it. Will be the last thing I do this season so I can have a back-up.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejesus
I have never had freezing problems in franchise with the exception of one guy: Damien Anderson (like 4 years ago). For some reason his picture would freeze my game until I made him no photo.

When you copy paste players, two things I have noticed in the editor can screw you up..

1. When you use copy-paste... and then go to rename the player in your file (I only ever use Paste Player or Attributes Only, not Paste Exact Copy), it uses the drop down name list from the file you copied FROM which will screw things up cuz there's no reference in your file. I always check this before renaming. To fix it, go to edit the first file's player, then exit. Then go to your file's guy and it should be fine.

2.Sometimes the college is not in you list (cuz some guys have added colleges in the .txt files that the editor refernces) and it gets changed (again this is because the editor is referencing the list from the copied player) This results in the player's college team to be missing.

-Also if you put guys into IR in the editor, sometimes it duplicates that guy in-game which will screw the game up forever (no recovery here), or it places that guy into the college pool. That might bugger it up too..

Also, I have never renamed coaches. I'd like to, but I'm scared as hell to do it. Will be the last thing I do this season so I can have a back-up.
1) I use the copy paste exact copy option and havent had any problems thus far. Of course, it would be kind of pointless to use this feature and then re-name the player you just copy and pasted.

2) I havent messed with that so no problem here.

IR - Yeah, I learned that a while ago when I was messing around. Thankfully, I dont use the IR feature in finn's editor but I do think that there's a way around it. If im correct, you have to do one player at a time.

Renaming HC's - Thus far, no problems here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelblutarheel
Roster makers, how is it that you make rosters that don't freeze in franchise? What is it that you do and do not do to make sure you avoid freezing issues. I'd really like to know as I can't make my own roster without freeing happening. I mean I use large attributes, make sure salary isn't negative/all teams below salary cap, I use fake photos, and rename coaches. How do I fix things?
prob has to do with ur ps3 laser reader going.....same thing happened to me with ch2k8 got a new ps3 n all was good
Old 08-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by agidio3
prob has to do with ur ps3 laser reader going.....same thing happened to me with ch2k8 got a new ps3 n all was good
how'd you figure out it was the laser?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:31 PM   #8
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

If anyone has any insight as to what causes freezing in franchise mode I would very much like to hear it.

The roster file I created is freezing like crazy in franchise mode, at different places and at different times...

I raised the cap space in the editor so no teams were in the negative, and also made it so there were no preseason games...

Is there anything else that can be done???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »