Home

El Presador - 2k4 Best Sports Game Ever

This is a discussion on El Presador - 2k4 Best Sports Game Ever within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 01:44 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: El Presador - 2k4 Best Sports Game Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
I'm on part 3 right now, in part 2 it looked like the guy playing Ian ran the slip screen and Rice just got ankle tackled or he had wide open space in front of him. Ian just ran the slip screen in part 3 and got an easy 50 yard touchdown, just like I was getting with Parker.

I don't know what build that is but I did notice on running plays guys just randomly busting through the line, happens all the time to me, I have my 5 dollars down but I'll likely wait for it used.

Also noticed the pick 6, it seems like in the demo every time there's an interception it goes for 6 because the offensive guys take horrible angles instead of taking the wide angle to the sideline, that really needs to be fixed too.

The other play that I noticed working for me a lot was the Play Action Power O to the tight end, it seemed to confuse the CPU and the tight end often goes totally uncovered often. Not that I was looking for money plays, I try to run every conceivable play in the game for fun, but the slip screen and the play action power O to the tight end seemed to go for big yards a lot.

I'll watch the rest of it now.
The INT return TD wasnt bad because everyone from TEN was on the other side of the field and the ones that were close were the OL and none of them should catch Foxworth anyway so no problem there.

And did you notice Eugene Amano with long hair? I just checked his photo at nfl.com and he doesnt have long hair. LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 01:50 AM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
Hey dan, do you know if it will screw up our roster if we edit the celeb's like Berman?
I now just zero them all out and nothing happens but every time I used to eliminate their photo and PBP, one of them would always be linked to another non-existent player and thus cause name corruption.

If that happens, you can get around it by deleting the first and last name itself (leaving both blank) and then saving the file. You wont be able to ever edit them again if I remember correctly.

Bottom line is that I zero them out and then make sure that their body type and equipment is setup the same way as it is for all the actual NFL players. Thus far, in my 2K9 (2008) roster, I havent had any name corruption problems.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:54 AM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
Just finished it. Ian tried another slip screen that the Raven's sniffed out. Play action power O two for two successful to the tight end on 3rd downs. Heap very open on one, Scaife was defended but made the catch, seems the dev's sniffed that play out too for crucial situations.

I'm glad to see it's not just me struggling to get pressure on the QB, they had all day, even on the flutter balls that they were getting hit on they still had a lot of time before the hit.

I'll wait for a patch or two before picking this game up. I don't buy many games new, but EA did get 3 out of me this year, fight night, and tiger on both the 360 and the wii. If the patches address my issues I'll pick M10 up used.
The pocket protection looks pretty good compared to what it used to be. I'm just hoping that its better than all the previous Madden's that I have played and that its a step in the right direction. Of course, the IR glitch still exists so it may be a step in the right direction but two steps in the wrong direction.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:59 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I now just zero them all out and nothing happens but every time I used to eliminate their photo and PBP, one of them would always be linked to another non-existent player and thus cause name corruption.

If that happens, you can get around it by deleting the first and last name itself (leaving both blank) and then saving the file. You wont be able to ever edit them again if I remember correctly.

Bottom line is that I zero them out and then make sure that their body type and equipment is setup the same way as it is for all the actual NFL players. Thus far, in my 2K9 (2008) roster, I havent had any name corruption problems.
I spoke too soon. I just checked for the hell of it and amazing, Steve O is linked to TWO more Steve O's. I ******* HATE THOSE DAMN CELEBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 02:05 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I spoke too soon. I just checked for the hell of it and amazing, Steve O is linked to TWO more Steve O's. I ******* HATE THOSE DAMN CELEBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I simply deleted Steve O's last name and clicked accept. I saved the file and then opened it back up. The name corruption pop up came up and I said yes to repairing it. His first and last name are now blank and unlinked but cant be typed into. I can still choose a name from the list by clicking on that box but thats it. It looks like im going to delete all those damn names because it seems like the only valid way to eliminate any name corruption involving them.

P.S. - Again, I ******* HATE THOSE DAMN CELEBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 3

I think 2k4 is the superior game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »