Home

Kick Return Fixes? (Brian storm session)

This is a discussion on Kick Return Fixes? (Brian storm session) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 03:15 PM   #9
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Kick Return Fixes? (Brian storm session)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
Gotcha, I really did'nt look that close at the clip. Nice video I must say. I used to watch your videos, most were of the NFC East, they always pushed me to keep plugging away at my roster.
Good to know! Now get'cher arse in gear on that MVP roster!

One of these days I'm going to compile my saved replays and get them into videos. I really want to wipe them off my drive. It's a pain sifting through them all to get to a functional file.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #10
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Something I did with the file I'm working on is raise blocking for all players to a respectable level, because I think blocking is a rudimentary football skill that everyone should have. I think I have the minimum at 30 or 40, with defensive linemen and LBs up into the 50s and 60s.

I did this with special teams returns and interception returns in mind, and while I haven't done any real testing I have also made some slider adjustments to boost offensive play and am starting to see more variety in the returns... I even had the CPU return a kickoff for a TD against me a few games ago.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #11
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Kickoff returns either way require the kicking team to have that occasional instance that everyone kinda bunches up,you pull off a couple moves,then have clear space to run to daylight.That's why I said about the break tackle being higher because in this scenario it's happened where I've ran a couple back as well as the computer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #12
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

While in theory turning up blocking should do it.... it doesn't. The 2K5 team seemed to overcompensate for the easy 2K4 KR/PR's. You can turn everyone up to 100 in run blocking and max the blocking slider out, but if you watch the return teams' blockers, they hesitate before going into action.

That's why substituting the slowest (esp. tweaked slow) players onto the coverage teams seems to work more realistically overall. At least the return team has a chance to catchup after the initial brain dead move.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:48 PM   #13
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

^ Hmmm... Must've been the slider adjustments I made that have been making the difference.

I guess there's just no getting around some stuff... I still see 4 pick games from top notch CPU QBs even with everything in their favor.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:41 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 4

what exactly are you saying needs to be fixed about kick returns? I return them fine, and ive had at least a few ran back for TD's on me by the cpu
Old 08-09-2009, 12:53 AM   #15
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by withauthority22
what exactly are you saying needs to be fixed about kick returns? I return them fine, and ive had at least a few ran back for TD's on me by the cpu
If you have replay files, please post them and the settings you're using.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 04:05 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
If you have replay files, please post them and the settings you're using.
im talking about just with the default nfl 2k5 rosters on pro with a fast kick returner. it usually requires breaking at least one tackle along the way, but it does in real life too. using the community made rosters where you can make edits its even easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »