Home

ATTN: Daflyboys, Dophin, Jsou, Fun and Gun, GR18, Baa7

This is a discussion on ATTN: Daflyboys, Dophin, Jsou, Fun and Gun, GR18, Baa7 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #9
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: ATTN: Daflyboys, Dophin, Jsou, Fun and Gun, GR18, Baa7

Titans(me)-14 at Ravens-24

Collins-13-26,197 yrds,1 td,1 int

Flacco-8-16,134 yrds,1td,0 int.

Johnson-15-69
White-3-6,1 td

McClain-19-114,2 td's(60 yarder,1st drive of game)
McGahee-2-(-3)
Smith-1-(-1)

Total yards was in favor of the Titans 272-245.The thing that killed me was 3 turnovers,2 were fumbles in his territory.One a run by Johnson,the other a reception by Scaife which I challenged because it looked like he didn't have possession.There was another fumble by Johnson(a reception) that I recovered.The pick I threw was my fault,a deep pass out of frustration picked by Ed Reed.

Besides turnovers I had 5 dropped passes to his one and he had 4 sacks,me none.All of the sacks were first half,by then I knew I didn't have that couple extra seconds.

Overall,not a bad game.A challenging one but I believe mostly because of turnovers and dropped passes.This may be more because of playing on Legend,which may provide greater challenge than any custom setting but for some of the disadvantages stated above.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
Titans(me)-14 at Ravens-24

Collins-13-26,197 yrds,1 td,1 int

Flacco-8-16,134 yrds,1td,0 int.

Johnson-15-69
White-3-6,1 td

McClain-19-114,2 td's(60 yarder,1st drive of game)
McGahee-2-(-3)
Smith-1-(-1)

Total yards was in favor of the Titans 272-245.The thing that killed me was 3 turnovers,2 were fumbles in his territory.One a run by Johnson,the other a reception by Scaife which I challenged because it looked like he didn't have possession.There was another fumble by Johnson(a reception) that I recovered.The pick I threw was my fault,a deep pass out of frustration picked by Ed Reed.

Besides turnovers I had 5 dropped passes to his one and he had 4 sacks,me none.All of the sacks were first half,by then I knew I didn't have that couple extra seconds.

Overall,not a bad game.A challenging one but I believe mostly because of turnovers and dropped passes.This may be more because of playing on Legend,which may provide greater challenge than any custom setting but for some of the disadvantages stated above.
Thanks for checking it out and posting the results. I appreciate it.

Yeah, the turnovers killed you just like they did me. The only difference is that all 4 INT's that I threw were on me.

Definitely seems like a defensive battle but im surprised that you did that well with McClain running the ball. The longest run that I have had with him was 25 or so yards. I actually did better with McGahee the other day but since McClain was their leading rusher last season, I made him the starter since I try to make my final season ending rosters as accurate as possible.

I have to wonder how the stats would be if the game was longer. Even though im not a fan of playing longer than 5 minutes, I might play 8 minutes just to see the results.

Thanks again bud.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:34 PM   #11
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I was the Titans so I really didn't break one but had a little over 4 ypc with Johnson.McClain only had 3 ypc against me if you take away the 60 yarder.

I put McClain as the starter in my files too because while I think the Ravens will use Ray Rice more than last year,McClain will still be the workhorse.McGahee,from all I heard,is fighting injuries to the point he may be all but done.

The Buccaneers playbook could've kept McClain at the fullback position being that it is fb run heavy because of Alstott.The problem is the Ravens being a 3-4 team.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »