Home

2K5 Vs Madden 10.

This is a discussion on 2K5 Vs Madden 10. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 04:45 PM   #9
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: 2K5 Vs Madden 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
I myself shockingly like Madden 10, I never thought I would say that to be honest. After playing Madden and then going back to 2k it really makes the bad aspects stand out. For example receivers dropping balls before it never bothered me but now it did. Madden's graphics are unreal, to say the least. I like the presentation but the one thing I do not like is how it is impossible to play as a db, especially online. There are little things wrong with Madden but those also exist in 2k5 so as sad as it is to say I'm enjoying Madden more...
Hey Baa7 what aspects of the game plat are broken maybe this will detour me from this game.
I have to say that it sounds like your having the same experience I am.I noticed that people on the all-pro board really like it as well.Funny how the Madden board ,for the most part,are nit-picking the crap out of it.The only things I hate are the fight for fumble,which you can turn off,and the challenge system.

Although I know many appreciate and enjoy our work at making rosters,it is very difficult overcoming the games flaws in the computer passing game.I hate extreme attributes,mostly because of sim stats, but also hate seeing good qb's having awful games.I think the broken INT slider really hurts this game.

The only thing that I find in Madden that can be called broken is the run blocking is fairly inconsistent but I feel the sliders work well enough to give you good overall results.I read a blog Bill Harris put up that calls Madden '10 the best football game ever.He hated Madden for years and as we know was a big 2k5 fan.

I never set out to get Madden.I hated it for many years now but this one peaked my interest.I was called Friday morning and told that the guy at the local Walmart was scanning the 360 version for only $42.

Btw,it is very tough to play as the db but I've always played as one of the front 7 myself.

Last edited by gr18; 08-18-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:01 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

EA Has The ESPN Thing But Do Nothing With It Just So Nobody Else Can Have It

Old 08-19-2009, 07:53 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
Hey Baa7 what aspects of the game plat are broken maybe this will detour me from this game.
I wouldn't say the broken bits would or should detour anyone from playing. But take a look at the player/tackling interaction. It's a mess. On practically every play where the ball carrier is already in the grasp of a defender, you'll see one of several things happening. Other players will run up to the ball carrier and stop without making any attempt to tackle; will deflect off the pile, then leap in the opposite direction, etc. On top of that, the ball carrier sometimes runs right through 2-3 defenders -- the collision detection is terrible. And if you read the Madden forum you'll notice people are saying the passing game to the flats is basically broken as well, as in way too effective.

Last edited by baa7; 08-19-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #12
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

2k5 vs Madden 10 is a tough call. I played the HELL out of Head Coach 09 last year, and then played 2k5 as well. Madden 09 was not very good, it never got played.

2k5 does SO much right, but Madden really came through with a fantastic game this year. Once you work out some sliders on Madden, it plays a really good game. The sliders are wonderful and very effective.

It's got it's little issues, as does our beloved 2k5 and Head Coach 09; but it's the most compelling, immersive, and FUN Madden I've played. And I get good stat results with 15 min qtrs.

Overall? I guess I still have to give a slight edge to 2K5, but part of that may be my loyalty and nostalgia for 2k5 talking.

All I know is, I actually look FORWARD to playing Madden when I get home from work...and I've NEVER looked forward to playing Madden before like that. Take that for what it's worth...
Old 08-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

is 2k5 for 360?
Old 08-19-2009, 01:38 PM   #14
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLEGENDsince87
is 2k5 for 360?
It plays fine on 360, but it's an original Xbox game. I play it on my old Xbox because I just prefer playing it on that machine.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:39 PM   #15
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLEGENDsince87
is 2k5 for 360?
Why would you come into a thread like this and ask that? It's not related. Plus, have you spent more than 23 seconds looking around this forum??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 03:19 PM   #16
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Why would you come into a thread like this and ask that? It's not related. Plus, have you spent more than 23 seconds looking around this forum??
Get em daflyboys!, lol. After spending a ton of time with Madden last night, I realize that the passing game is flawed, at least throwing to WR's. The throwing to the TE is very good as well as the backs but it seems impossible to get down the field with a throw, and I'm not talking about long bombs. The one thing that I always hated about Madden was how the players never felt fluid like in 2k. In 2k you could creep up slowly in madden it seems as tough your player can stop, cut or stop moving when you want. That alone drives me nuts and makes it a task to play as a db (fs, ss) which i always play as. If Maddens player movement was as good as 2k or even close along with fixing the passing game it would truly make it a solid game, oh yeah the collision thing as well, it actually makes me laugh.

Last edited by jsou4646; 08-19-2009 at 03:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »