Home

You know what I find truly sickening?

This is a discussion on You know what I find truly sickening? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 10:13 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: You know what I find truly sickening?

Just like 2K copied a bunch of things like franchise mode from Madden and did a worse job. The funny thing is that for a couple of years after 05 a great many 2K fanboys were saying "just use the 2K code!" or "Just copy 2k5!". So they go and do it and the fanboys still complain. And sorry, the Madden 10 has surpassed 2K5 as far as in-game presentation. The only things 2K5 still has on Madden are the halftime/post-game highlights show and the audio commentary. M10 is the winner hands down on everything else across the board.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #10
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Just like 2K copied a bunch of things like franchise mode from Madden and did a worse job. The funny thing is that for a couple of years after 05 a great many 2K fanboys were saying "just use the 2K code!" or "Just copy 2k5!". So they go and do it and the fanboys still complain. And sorry, the Madden 10 has surpassed 2K5 as far as in-game presentation. The only things 2K5 still has on Madden are the halftime/post-game highlights show and the audio commentary. M10 is the winner hands down on everything else across the board.
lol...those are pretty big chunks of presentation, and the rest is virtually the same. So I'm just not seeing how Madden surpassed it at all. If you feel that's true though, so be it. To each his own.

I would also dispute the claim that EA "went out and did it" in terms of copying 2K's "code," seeing as the game still plays like Madden (which is to be expected...it should play differently. Most only want it to play better and don't expect it to be an exact 2K clone). It's a more polished and improved version of Madden, but to say it plays like 2K is inaccurate at best.

My real question is, do you post in this forum for any other reason than to promote Madden v. 2K argument? If you actually contribute to this forum in any way beyond argumentative posts, then please forgive me. It just seems you flip out in the Madden forum when people do there exactly what you seemingly end up doing. Why not extend the courtesy you wish to receive? Just an idea.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:50 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
What do you mean everything else across the board? Explain.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »