Home

Is there a way to make Franchise playable?

This is a discussion on Is there a way to make Franchise playable? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Is there a way to make Franchise playable?

Anyone know if there is a way to get rid of all the crazy preseason cuts and teams only taking DEs, RBs, and a few other positions in the draft?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Is there a way to make Franchise playable?

Its been said a million times but--set all the teams to user controlled.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:18 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

I haven't played this game in awhile and forgot you could do that. Thanks.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Here's what I do for franchise mode:

Turn injuries off during preseason. The craziest cuts and signings occur in this game due to the fact that the CPU is able to waive injured players. It doesn't take into account that there's an injury. If Larry Fitzgerald is rated a 53 due to broken hand, odds are he won't make the final cutdowns and will be sitting in FA until he is healed. Once the regular season starts, I just turn the injuries back on since the CPU doesn't seem able to release injured players at this point.

During the offseason I control all 32 teams during the 1st round of the draft. I select the BPA at a position of need. After the 1st round is over, I then only control my team. I have found that most of the draft plays out pretty well even with the CPU at the helm past the 1st round.

IMO these are the only two things needed to make franchise playable. I feel that eliminating preseason injuries cuts down on most of the CPU wackiness. Many recommend controlling all 32 teams but I feel it cuts down on the surprises and strategy compared to only using 1 team. Find what works for you and what you feel needs to be addressed in franchise mode.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

How do you control 1 team during the season and then get to control every team for the draft? How do you do free agents during the season and after the season? What about trades etc. I am going to start a franchise in the next couple of days and am looking for suggestions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 07:20 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
How do you control 1 team during the season and then get to control every team for the draft? How do you do free agents during the season and after the season? What about trades etc. I am going to start a franchise in the next couple of days and am looking for suggestions.
Finns editor.

www.nfl2k5rosters.com
Old 09-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #7
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

thejackal25, that sounds like a good strategy, i'll try that from now on. I'm like you I don't like controlling all 32 teams, I do want them to do what they want for the most part just to see what happens and makes me be on the lookout for what's going on, but some of the stuff is just too crazy. Sounds like what you explained could prevent a lot of that, considering the major stupid moves do happen in pre-season due to injuries. Hopefully the strategy you spoke of during the draft will work as well. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #8
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

^^^Yup, it works well. I also go in and restructure salaries in much the same way if there are big signings I want to mirror. Finn's editor really opens this game's franchise up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »