Home

New to Moding NFL2k5...need help.

This is a discussion on New to Moding NFL2k5...need help. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Question New to Moding NFL2k5...need help.

I am new to this site and need some help. I have been trolling the 2k forums and you guys seem like a helpful group and frankly I'm a little overwhelmed by the amount of information on 2k5 in these forums.
I played the Madden 2010 demo, thought it was finally going to be the game it should have been years ago, and when I bought it, it played worse than the demo. While looking for sliders for madden, I came across the 2k5 roster updates, something I thought was not possible on a console.
So if the 2k5 nation could help, I'd much appreciate it. I have a data transfer cable for my 360 coming in the mail as I write this, I have Finn's(?) editor and a few rosters but I have some ? I can't find solid answers to.
What is the deal with the over ratings (127) and specifically the 127 aggression? I found a page somewere about it but I did not bookmark it and cannot find it again (I was dead tired when I came across it).
Can the game itself be edited, not just rosters and schedules?
How does the draft class work in the editor? Does it pull random players from the pool every year or is their a method?
Are there still online leagues for 2k5 or will I have to go the 2k8 route (which I dont mind really, great game, but I play offline franchise mostly)
Also, any word on non EA football games? Is 2k doing anything? I saw an Iphone (I think) video of Backbreaker, is it coming out for consoles? And has anyone been following that Quickhit football game (app?). I signed up for the beta and I'm waiting for my key.
Any tips or tricks would be much appreciated. I played 2k5 the other day and forgot how great it was and you guys on this forum don't have the typical 'flame the noob' mentality I see on other forums.
Thanks for your time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: New to Moding NFL2k5...need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowblack413
1. What is the deal with the over ratings (127) and specifically the 127 aggression?
2. Can the game itself be edited, not just rosters and schedules?
3. Also, any word on non EA football games? Is 2k doing anything? I saw an Iphone (I think) video of Backbreaker, is it coming out for consoles?
Hi crowblack.

1. Finn's editor allows for raising ratings above 99, to a max of 127. Don't know about 127 Aggression. I have mine at 0 for all players. It's one of the ratings that causes issues with gameplay and player behavior.
2. Rosters, player names and faces, coaches and schedules can all be edited and that's it (as far as I can remember). The graphics and animations cannot be edited if that's what you're wanting to know.
3. 2K isn't doing anything. Nobody knows what's going on with Backbreaker; maybe go to their forum and read up on the latest news.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

get the most up to date version of xport , and if ur cable comes with a disc ( from microsoft) DO NOT USE IT ! the 127 agression is on the enhancement pack .. http://www.geocities.com/o_nfl2k_o/ .... but im not sure how to install it yet, other than that just follow the directions exactly and it all worked for me, roster/franchise , editor , stadium music etc. FYI im using xport v2.08 , MS transfer cable , 20 GB HD , XP SP2. Extra note: when doing the stadium music remove the FFFE0000 from your HD and then drag your custom "fffe0000" iin.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for the replies. After reading through some posts, I have another question for the vets in here.
What are the known triggers for data corruption in a franchise file? I read global edits were one, which sucks because in the roster I am building, I would need to go into finns and edit consistency and agility and probably aggression after pre-season every year. I am going to use VC last roster update for the 04-05 season, so I won't be changing names or adding alot of new players, at least not now. This is sort of a test roster, and I don't really mind playing with old rosters.
Thanks for the help. And Baa7, if you read this, alot of people are sold on the 127/64 aggression or the 99/66/33/1 aggression, why not you? I would like to know since you are one of the guru's around here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »