Home

Workaround for action replay and vista

This is a discussion on Workaround for action replay and vista within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Workaround for action replay and vista

Matt-
What is user control account? Please explain what you did so I can see if it works for me.
Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 04-03-2010, 02:34 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

This is a definition of User Account Control I got from a website: Windows Vista has the built-in ability to automatically reduce the potential of security breaches in the system. It does that by automatically enabling a feature called User Account Control (or UAC for short). The UAC forces users that are part of the local administrators group to run like they were regular users with no administrative privileges.

To turn off User Account Control on Vista follow these steps...

1. Go to Control Panel
2. Under the Control Panel Classic View, click User Accounts
3. Click Turn User Account Control on or off

I originally did this because I saw it in a thread about transferring files from your computer to your Xbox 360 hard drive. Having User Account Control on was keeping my laptop from recognizing that my 360's hard drive was connected. After my 360 red ringed I got an Xbox 1 and an Action Replay. I've never had any problems with it and my laptop has Vista.

Hope this helps!!
Old 04-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #11
Pro

Thanks for getting back to me Matt. I did this and it didn't work. I was pretty sure I had done this before, I just couldn't remember how I did it. Oh well, I have another computer coming in less then a week.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2010, 11:51 PM   #12
Rookie

Damn dude. I'm sorry to hear that. I don't see how it can run fine on mine and not work on your's. Do you have 32 or 64 bit?
Old 04-04-2010, 02:54 AM   #13
Pro

I have a 64 bit. Maybe that is the problem? Doesn't make any sense to me, but at least I have a solution on the way. Thanks for your help.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #14
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

That is why I keep the good ol' reliable xp desktop computer in the office. Never had one problem that I didn't cause myself.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:21 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
I have a 64 bit. Maybe that is the problem? Doesn't make any sense to me, but at least I have a solution on the way. Thanks for your help.
That could be it. No problem man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2015, 02:05 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo
Update to Xbox Action Replay Version 1.40

Next, ensure your docking station is plugged into one of you PC’s USB ports, and your AR card has been inserted fully into the docking station. Also, format your AR card using the Xbox first before following the steps below.
To do this, you will need to put the card into your Xbox controller, and go to the Memory Manager screen. Highlight the Memory Card icon at the top of the screen and choose erase.
Please Note: The following instructions are for Windows XP users. Earlier versions of windows may have slightly differing menus or choices. Some of these changes may be noted in italics following each step that is different.

Step 1:
Right-click on the desktop icon labeled “My Computer.” If this icon is not located on your desktop, or is a shortcut, check for one in your Start menu. A small grey menu should be displayed, choose Properties from this menu.

Step 2:
Select the Hardware tab from the tabs displayed at the top of this window, and then the Device Manager button from the resulting screen.

Some versions of windows may not have a Hardware tab, but the Device Manager button should be visible on the main window in this case.

Step 3:
Examine your Device Manager to find the device name assigned to your AR card. Common names are listed below.

In the category Universal Serial Bus controllers:

USB Mass Storage
USB Device
Unknown USB device

In the category USBIO controlled devices:

Maxdrive Xbox
Action Replay Xbox

In the Other Devices category:

Datel Max Memory
Unknown Device

To verify you have found the correct device, or to assist you with finding the proper name, remove the memory card from the USB docking station. The device name assigned to the AR card will disappear from the list, and reappear when the card is reconnected.

Step 4:
Right-click on the proper device, and choose Properties.

Step 5:
Choose the Driver tab from the resultant window, and then the Update Driver or Reinstall Driver button.

Installing Xbox AR Drivers

You should now have begun the Update Device Driver wizard.

Step 1:
You may be asked to allow windows to connect to Windows Update to obtain the driver, choose “No, not this time” and select Next.

This beginning screen may also ask you to choose between allowing windows to search for the driver and choosing the driver from a list or specific location. Choose the second option (advanced).

Step 2:
Next you will be asked to specify where you would like windows to search. Choose the last option, “Don’t search, I will choose the driver from a list.”

In place of this step or during one of the following steps, you may be prompted to choose the device type. Choose USBIO Controlled Devices, Universal Serial Bus Controllers, or Other Device.
If at any time the window you have reached displays a button labeled Have Disk, make no other choices and proceed to step 3.

Step 3:
On the following screen you should see a button labeled Have Disk. Select this button.

Step 4:
A smaller window will pop up labeled “Install from manufacturer’s disk.” Click the Browse button in this window.

Step 5:
A larger window will pop up with a folder listing. Use the pulldown menu at the top to select C:\Local Disk as your start point (This is your PC hard drive). Your hard drive may also be named something else, such as your computer manufacturer.
If you have difficulty finding it, start at My Computer and select the first option that starts with C:\
If no pulldown menu is available, use the back button (a folder with an up arrow drawn on it) to travel to your hard drive’s main directory.
A selection for the hard drive may also be off to the side of the window, or you may find a My Computer button from which you may proceed as directed above. You will be looking for the Program Files folder, so if this is displayed in the window you are looking in the correct place.

Step 6:
Double-click the Program Files folder. (Folders should be listed in alphabetical order) Next, Double-click the Datel folder, then Action Replay Xbox, then Drivers. If you have multiple folders labeled Action Replay Xbox, check both for the Drivers sub-folder.
If you are still unable to pinpoint the correct folder, you may want to uninstall all versions of Action Replay, delete all of these folders, and reinstall from your disc. If this is done, please be sure to perform the update as directed at the very beginning of this process.

Step 7:
Double-click the file xbreader.inf

Step 8:
The folder browser should automatically close. Select OK from the “Install from manufacturer’s disk” window, and select Next from the Driver Update Wizard window, to which you should have returned.
Windows should begin copying files, and then prompt you to click the Finish button to end the driver installation.
You should now be able to drag to your Xbox AR card normally. You may be prompted to restart your computer before the changes take effect. Ensure you’ve downloaded and are attempting to use an official Power Save; not an unofficial “Community Save”.
If you are still unable to access the card, please try connecting the docking station to a different USB port and repeating the driver installation process.

To transfer file from Finn's EDITOR to AR, 1. right click on AR shortcut on desk top, 2. click properties, 3. click general tab, 4. click box for "read only", 5. make sure on the compatibility tab that the "run this program as administrator box is unchecked.
To transfer file from xbox to AR to desk top, 1. right click the AR shortcut on the desktop, 2. click properties, 3 click the general tab, 4. unclick box for "read only", 5. make sure on the compatability tab that the "run this program as administrator box is checked.
Close AR and re-open
Tried this tep for step on windows 8 and it didnt work. At step 7, it didnt recognize the file as a driver
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »