Home

The Koalition at work

This is a discussion on The Koalition at work within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
The Koalition at work

The Koalition at its finest with the movement
when i say convert, i kind of feel like those people who come and ring your doorbell - the Jehova witnesses lol

so heres my first story, my friend came out one weekend and was so hyped about Madden. saying it was the best game that it 'looks good'. he was a baseball guy, so he thought 2K was bad because their baseball titles. he was wrong.

we were using, i believe GR18's rosters for the PS3. he is a Buccaneers fan so he was a little mad that Pro Bowler Clifton Smith was not on the team and Sammie Stroughter wasn't their either. anyway, he played the game anyway and we simulated and stuff - all the way to 2018. for some odd reason the game freezes whenever we try to 'play' a game (AFC vs NFC game) but we sidestepped it. the goal was to only play in the Playoffs, we had to simulate seasons - so we had a lot of fun and he enjoyed it. little flaw in the first off-season that rookies had that 127 agility crap. but anyway, didnt stop us cause the other rookies didn't. i showed him the presentation like the mock draft, the pre-draft show, SportsCenter - he was hooked. what he liked the best and i boasted about this earlier in my roster thread, the Weekley Preperation. i showed him that and how he can boost up players, he was amazed and he said 'and this game was only 20 dollars?'. He has an Xbox36 and i told him to get the game and he bought it and he says its sick. I just do not know how to help him get the updated rosters. so thats a work in progress

-------two nights ago------
My other friend came over, and that day he had just bought Madden and i hooked up my 5.1 surround sound in my room. we played Madden and i beat him 20-17 first game. i used my Panthers from Carolina and he used the Cowboys. 2nd game we played, 31-21 same teams. i beat him using the Cheese Tactics i learned here on OS with the flats being broken, etc.. and he also got hit with that "HOLDING" on the field goal, pretty funny.

so as we are playing UFC, i begin to talk to him about Madden and how i beat him. i told him the flats were broken and he denied that because he said some plays he beat me on that. yeah, he had to shift his defensive end out (Ware) to stop me manually. but i told him the Adaptive AI doesnt work and he didnt believe me. but i brought up a lot of other things on why this game is broken. we went into Franchise and i showed him the IR feature. i randomly picked the Steelers and then simulated a few weeks till we had an injured guy - Sanantonio Holmes was hurt and i put him on IR. we went to sign someone and then couldn't. i showed him MADDEN SHOP, and he thought it was ridiculous to pay for stuff that used to be in the game for free. he was pissed about that, so i knew the koalition was having its influence.

this is where it gets good - he wanted to check out NFL 2K5. so i put it in and start up a game. he downrighted bashed it, saying the animations were blocky and all this hoop-lah. i kept tellin him the game is 5 years old and it expresses football better than Madden. like an EA Fanboy posting on Apexisfree youtube video, he just kept throwing BS at me. he even played me in a game and could not do a thing. he had no idea of the QB Scramble exploit that was broken and he ran with Quincy Carter but i stopped him 5/6 times. he broke a huge run cause its been awhile since i played a cheesey opponent (September 2006 when PSN still had 2K on servers). so he just quit the game and whatever, and i began to show him the Weekley Prep and he said "Damn, this game has two games in one. This was in NFL Head Coach". i never played HeadCoach so i cannot take his word. but my friend just would not accept this game was better than Madden

so i go to my laptop and pull up some Apex videos and i showed him the double hits one, and he was like "Oh come on Frank you goin to buy into that? he probably was using the 2nd controller and did that. there are gang tackles in this game." Bolonge.

then i showed him a speed burst one, he defended it like he actually saw this in football. where are his glasses. so that failed.

just an interesting story to share you guys with.

oh on a sidenote he thought me and my other friend were 'morons' to keep playing NFL 2K. and that my other friend trading it in for this game was just idiotic.

Last edited by 2Koalition; 09-20-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: The Koalition at work

So much insecurity... The material world will fade away... And then where will you be?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »