Home

Any tips on how to play ESPN NFL 2K5?

This is a discussion on Any tips on how to play ESPN NFL 2K5? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Any tips on how to play ESPN NFL 2K5?

Hello all. I just picked up this game at Gamestop for around two dollars and it's a great game, but I'm having a hard time with a few things.

The first thing is defense. I know the basics on what def. packages to play when I see what personnel an offense has on the field. The thing is I get lit up regardless of what I pick. I usually use a D lineman and let the computer handle what happens in the secondary. Usually I can get run stops pretty easily, but on obvious passing down plays I go either man or zone while maybe sending a blitzer or two, but I don't get enough pressure on the QB and he has time to wait for a long play to develop. Should I start using a LB or a safety? Any tips on how to play better D?

On offense is there a way to flip a play at the line of scrimmage? In Madden I could flip a run from the weak side to the strong side if I see the D overloading on one side. Also with running, I've been trying the "tricky juke" strategy. I run straight up the line during a draw and juke to the side where a hole is opening up. Are there any other strategies to running the ball? I only average around 3 ypc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 12:35 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Any tips on how to play ESPN NFL 2K5?

if you want to consistantly get sacks, trade for a beast defensive tackle like stroud. high strength and aggression is important, followed by speed and run coverage. or get good, 83+speed outside linebackers. blitz your outside guys, controlling one of them is better since the AI sometimes have them take a bad angle and the qb gets it away. blitz 3 linebackers on 3rd down if you don't trust your secondary to cover for very long.

if you trust your front 4, go to cover 2 or 2 man, then have your safeties touble team their best receivers. this is what i do and regularly hold passers to 40% and maybe a td or 2. the the CPU is getting passes off, and your defensive backs are whiffing open field tackles and giving up easy touchdowns, then stop blitzing.

as for flipping a play, you can flip the playart without shifting your formation by pressing Y, then clicking the right stick. or you can flip the whole playart and formation by pressing the black button. i only discovered the right stick thing a few months ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »