Home

okay, with Finn's editor, can we sync Head Coach 09 with 2k5?

This is a discussion on okay, with Finn's editor, can we sync Head Coach 09 with 2k5? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
okay, with Finn's editor, can we sync Head Coach 09 with 2k5?

I asked this same question in the Madden forum, but it involved Madden 10. So I got to thinking, I could probably do pretty well in syncing up 2k5 with Head Coach 09 through Finn's editor. What I would do is just make all my FA moves, drafts, off-season moves etc, in head coach then transfer that info to 2k5 through Finn's editor. Does this sound possible?

I'm not too familiar with Finn's editor, but from what I've read you can edit a lot of those things like schedule, player names, salary, etc.. Can this work successfully with 2k5 and Head Coach 09?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: okay, with Finn's editor, can we sync Head Coach 09 with 2k5?

This is possible to do in NFL 2K5, but you can't just C/P your data from Head Coach 09 into 2K5. It would be a lot of labor but you would have to mimmick what is currently going on in your franchise - everything can be done from swapping Peyton Manning and putting him on the Eagles, whatever happened in your Head Coach franchise but you would have to really dig down deep with ratings, making them accurate to the players in Head Coach. if Steve Smith is a 95 in Head Coach, you have to make his rating consistent by editing Steve Smith and base his attributes with Head Coach 09.

Follow me?

So yes it is possible BUT it is a lot of hard work.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Yes,it would work using 2k5 but not console Madden because the editor would be needed.It would work best on a pc version of Madden though because of the ratings/game style similarities.HC has more specific ratings than 2k5 and the older versions of Madden including pc,last version being '08.The pc Madden has an editor via football-freaks.com.

It sounds like a neat idea but one tremendous project time-wise.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Thanks for the reply. I was just thinking of doing it for my team's transactions only. I don't really care about ratings and such only trades, FA signings, drafts....just roster moves. I think just getting it set up will be a lot of work at first, or at least each off season, but once you have your rosters "synced" then the only thing you would have to do is make the small number of roster moves during the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »