Home

NCAA Football 2k11 with 32 extra teams ?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2k11 with 32 extra teams ? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2009, 12:03 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
NCAA Football 2k11 with 32 extra teams ?

If I'm not mistaken, EA's exclusive license with the NCAA is up after the conclusion of the national championship. People have wanted a fully customizable generic pro style football game; however, Take Two clearly isn't interested in making a generic customizable game, as they don't think there is a market for it.

Clearly, there is a market for a licensed college football game. If EA doesn't renew the license, which it seems as if they won't because they probably would have renewed it by now, Take Two could finally get back into the football genre with a licensed product. They could make the product even deeper, by adding a 32 team fictional professional league that's totally customizable. You would play a dynasty and as you players graduate and/or enter the pro draft, they could be drafted by a pro team, one of which you might control.

We could have online dynasties with a college and a pro team. They could go on four or five year cycles, where you'd play out your college dynasties and your players would leave school and drafted into the pros ; after four or five years have passed you start the pro league. Imagine out recruiting someone for a blue chip QB, and then having some else in the online dysnasty/franchise draft them and kill you with them in the pro league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA Football 2k11 with 32 extra teams ?

im pretty sure EA is going to renew its exclusive license
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 10-28-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
im pretty sure EA is going to renew its exclusive license
Even if they didn't I don't think Take Two could get a game out this year. So EA has no pressure to get a deal ironed out because the NCAA would not want a year to pass without a game. Plus to prove you are right, Adam was on the NCAA 10 forum and said in a post that they were 30% done. So they would not be working on a NCAA 11 if they could not put the game out. That would cost them money.
What I do wish is there to not be a exclusive license and give use a choice again. I never bought the Take Two game but I think I would now. I love Choops2K8 so I'm sure they could make a good game. They seem to make their games with the dynasty players in mind as well as the casual gamers. I would say EA will still keep the NCAA license unless they are in bad shape from the economy.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Even if they didn't I don't think Take Two could get a game out this year. So EA has no pressure to get a deal ironed out because the NCAA would not want a year to pass without a game. Plus to prove you are right, Adam was on the NCAA 10 forum and said in a post that they were 30% done. So they would not be working on a NCAA 11 if they could not put the game out. That would cost them money.
What I do wish is there to not be a exclusive license and give use a choice again. I never bought the Take Two game but I think I would now. I love Choops2K8 so I'm sure they could make a good game. They seem to make their games with the dynasty players in mind as well as the casual gamers. I would say EA will still keep the NCAA license unless they are in bad shape from the economy.
It wouldn't come out this year, it would be released next August. The only reason I think that EA may not renew the deal is that if they were going to renew it, they would have done so by now. The deal is up in about 2 months.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I'd play it.

Too bad it's completely hypothetical and would stay that way.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 03:12 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Even if they didn't I don't think Take Two could get a game out this year. So EA has no pressure to get a deal ironed out because the NCAA would not want a year to pass without a game. Plus to prove you are right, Adam was on the NCAA 10 forum and said in a post that they were 30% done.
I'm talking about the exclusive license ; just because the exclusive deal is up, deosn't mean that EA isn't going to come out with a game. It just means that other developers can make a game aslo
Old 10-28-2009, 05:16 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

A 2k college football game would make my dreams come true.

A college hoops type recruiting system, a college football legacy mode!!!!, the feeling only 2k hoops gave me about signing hidden gems to my school and hating it when they left to go pro or graduate knowing I would actually struggle to rplace a player.

I wish guys, I would love it
Old 10-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #8
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Dmacho, maybe what I was saying didn't come accross right. EA's deal is up after the bowl games so if no deal is renewed then that opens up the chance of any game maker to make a college football game. I know the game would come out in July 2011. When I said getting a game out this year I was taking about the development cycle year not getting a game out before Jan. 1, 2011. I don't think 2K could have a 2K11 college game and if they could they would have had less time to work on it then EA has had. Yes it would be great to get a another game to go against EA but I don't see EA letting go of the license or a game maker getting a game out to compete with NCAA 11.
I had to post this because I think you missed what I was saying. I like you would love to see a 2K college football game like Choops2K8. I have been playing it over NCAA 10 and Madden due to both being so dull. I just don't see EA letting another game maker to make a football game using NCAA or NFL teams at all. They know if they had to compete again that they would go futher down the tubes. This sucks for us football fans.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »