Home

How Frequently do you play ESPN NFL 2K5?

This is a discussion on How Frequently do you play ESPN NFL 2K5? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2010, 07:51 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: How Frequently do you play ESPN NFL 2K5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
If only this thread was here during september-december last year. I probably played 1 or 2 games a day in my Bengals Franchise. Got through 5 and 1/2 seasons, but after all that I got a little burned out on it. I haven't played a game in it since early January, which was when I stopped playing my franchise. Great game though, I'm sure I'll play it once again when football season comes around again.
+100

I've been playing ever year for about 4 years in my franchise religously, I only play pretty much during the football season, August - September, to keep the game fresh. During the football season, pretty much 5 games per week. I love my 2k5

Champions in my franchise
-Eagles
-Tampa Bay
-Chargers
-Eagles
Old 04-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #34
Rookie

fliplm0de's Arena

OVR: 5

Booted up the old XBOX again so far about 3 ****s a week. Getting too excited knowing draft *** is around the corner!
Old 04-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Not nearly as much as I'd like. But I am a real roster nut. Some care about equipment, but I am the equivalent of an equipment nut with rosters. If a team is missing a 4th string player, I still get upset. If only I was dedicated to making rosters, they'd always be 100% correct lol.

If their was a roster that was updated to at the most 3 weeks, then I'd most likely tweak it to my liking and play some 2k5 again. I might start playing again if there is a roster thats up to date with at least the Super Bowl date.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Everyday!
Old 04-05-2010, 11:09 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've pretty much come to terms that I will be playing 2K5 until the exclusive EA-NFL deal expires (if it ever does). 2K13 would be a nice gift to long suffering video game football fans, 7 years of pure trash.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:00 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 10

I downloaded someone's roster earlier this week and transfer it to my 360 HDD and been playing it everyday.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:14 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
I've pretty much come to terms that I will be playing 2K5 until the exclusive EA-NFL deal expires (if it ever does). 2K13 would be a nice gift to long suffering video game football fans, 7 years of pure trash.
Haha, I feel exactly the same way. Unless future Madden games become significantly better and improved, I'll be playing 2K5 for a long time.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #40
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
I think we need to make a thread in this forum for people who still play this game and make it a "What's Going on in your Franchise?" thread.

Anyways, since we don't have one, I want to post what happened with my first season with the cowboys with 2009 rosters and schedule along with 2010 draft class.

On last game of the season, I beat Eagles on a last second heave to the endzone to beat them, and the Giants lost, so I went to #1 in NFC and got home field advantage. I then had to play the Giants in the divisional game and beat them with 17 seconds left with a touchdown run by Felix Jones to win 17-13. I advanced on and played the Packers whom I beat earlier in the season and knocked them from the undefeated ranks. They were 14-4, we were 14-3, and they beat me like an african kettle drum. Rodgers put up 414 yards passing and 3 tds, and Grant put up 116 yards and a td on my defense. I was dominated all across the board on defense. It was Romo's first game back, and he went 20-38 for 326 yards and 2 td's. They ended up beating me 34-21...and the big game changer was in the start of the 4th quarter, 24-14, they punt the ball to me I catch it on the 4 yard line with Allen Rossum, and then I jet up the sideline, spin, get stuck but I stumbled out of it, caught my balance, and jetted up the sideline for a 96 yard touchdown! 24-20 pending extra point. But then, before I could get set, the red flag comes out and they challenge, and come to find out, Rossum stepped out on my own 34 yard line, UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ended up throwing a pick in the redzone and was nullified a TD that would have put me in striking distance. I never recovered from this.

Green Bay went on and beat Ravens in the Super Bowl.

After the season, Allen Rossum retired, and then I let Flozell Adams, Stephen Bowen, Jon Kitna, Mike Hamlin, Pat Watkins, and a few other non-starters go into free agency. I ended up trading Marion Barber and Sam Hurd to the Broncos and picked up Brandon Marshall to compliment the HELL of a season Austin and Roy Williams both had for me. They both went over 1,200 yards on the season and Austin had 12 tds, Williams had 10 tds. Crayton was a decent option at receiver, but he dropped a lot in traffic. Ogletree is still hit with the drop bug, so I didn't feel very confident with him as a 4th-5th option at receiver. I also signed Jake Long to be my left tackle to protect Tony Romo's backside. Week 1 starts tonight, and I went ahead and put up Tashard Choice on the trading block to see if I can pick up a good backup full back or any other valuable person I may get offered. My reason for trading Barber was that he was a good running back that was bruising, but he had a lot of problems with fumbles and short runs of 3rd and 4th and 1. He was stuffed a lot. Felix Jones turned on the juice and I ran for 1786 yards and 22 td's on the season, so he definitely earned his starting role in my lineup. I resigned him to a hefty 6 year, $30 million contract.

The biggest news on the season was how I went into the draft and came out with some great picks. I received the following:

1) Taylor Mays-USC
2) Terrance Cody-Alabama
3) Kyle Wilson-Boise State
4) Dan LeFevour-CMU
5) Jacoby Ford (how did he not get drafted sooner?????)-Clemson
6) CJ Wilson-ECU
7) *** Church (can't remember his first name? he is a FS)...he had a 38" vertical, 4.3 40 yard, and 28 on bench press reps. Best believe this was a sleeper pick here!!

I am so pumped to start my new season tonight. I had a hell of an offseason, picked up a killer receiver in Marshall and picked up some killer picks and resigned my big time players!

Here is my starting lineups
Offense:
qb-Romo, LeFevour, McGee
hb-Jones, Choice, Washington
fb-anderson
te-witten, bennett, phillips
wr-Brandon Marshall, Roy Williams, Miles Austin, Crayton, Jacoby Ford, Ogletree
LT-Jake Long
LG-Leonard Davis
C-andre gurode
RG-Cory Proctor
RT-Marc Columbo

Defense:
LE- Julius Peppers
DT-Ratliff, Cody
RE- Olshansky
LOLB-Spencer
ILB-Brooking, James
ROLB-Ware
CB-Terrance newman, mike jenkins, kyle wilson, orlando scandrick, alan ball
FS-Gerald Sensabaugh
SS-Taylor Mays

KR & PR- Jacoby Ford (107 speed rating)

I never did follow up on this. So now is a good time to update and re-cap my season. After seeing production and how each person played out through the first few weeks, as well as how Dallas did in the draft in real life, I ended up trading some of my rookies around and jockeying for position to have as close to real life roster as I could with a few easter eggs thrown in.

I ended up trading Taylor Mays away. He started out as a monster and Had 7 interceptions before I traded him, but I think it was the smart move. I made some room on the roster by doing so, and moved Mike Hamlin up to starting Safety. So far so good, and he had an interception in the season finale to hault the 1-14 Browns' come back 3 points short. I also traded away Julius Peppers and picked up Sean Lee, I got rid of Kyle Wilson for a first round draft pick, and then I traded for Sam Young to move to left Tackle after I cut Flozell. Dan Lefevour brought a 2nd round pick in a trade, and Jacoby Ford brought a 2nd round as well. The big trade was Brandon Marshall for Dez Bryant. Dez has had a huge impact on my offense and special teams, and was a great pick-up. Overall, here is how my roster ended up:

Here is my starting lineups
Offense:
qb-Romo, McGee
hb-Jones, Choice, Washington
fb-anderson
te-witten, bennett, phillips
wr-Dez Bryant, Roy Williams, Miles Austin, Crayton, Ogletree, Simonds
LT-Sam Young
LG-Leonard Davis
C-andre gurode
RG-Cory Proctor
RT-Marc Columbo

Defense:
LE- Spears
DT-Ratliff, Cody
RE- Olshansky
LOLB-Spencer
ILB-Brooking, Sean Lee, James
ROLB-Ware
CB-Terrance newman, mike jenkins, alan ball, orlando scandrick, david pender
FS-Gerald Sensabaugh, Barry Church
SS- Mike Hamlin, Nick Polk

KR - Kevin Ogletree
PR - Dez Bryant

Anyways, after a long grueling hard fought season, and 7 games coming down to 3 points or less, I ended the season 15-1 earning home field advantage in the playoffs. I beat the Eagles in the first round in a slaughter fest, and then faced the Vikings in the NFC championship game. I Vikings came up 37 yards short as I haulted their comeback and beat them 27-24 to advance to the super bowl, my first one on my second season. Last year I came up a game shy as I got pounded by the Packers, but this year I finally made it. I have to play the Patriots who finished 12-4. Ultimately they are coming in as the underdogs, as they earned their way through the wild card to make it to the big game. This should be interesting. Not so lucky for me, Gerald Sensabaugh tackled Adrian Peterson on one of his 60 yard runs in the championship game, and landed on his elbow and hyperextended it. Unfortunately for me, he is out for 4 weeks and will miss the super bowl. Not being able to fully trust Church yet, I signed Brandon Merriweather from free agency to a 2 year deal to provide some experience in the backfield. Hopefully he can fill in for Pro Bowler Sensabaugh. I am pumped to play this game and hopefully win my first super bowl. On NCAA 2010, I never made it to the BCS title game in 3 seasons, and in Madden 2010 in 2 seasons, I lost in one superbowl, and fell short in the other. So for 2009-2010, this will be my first chance at winning the big game. I am pumped.

Let's hear some of you other guys chime in about your franchises. I am addicted to this game, plain and simple.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »