Home

ESPN NFL 2k5 or BACKBREAKER?

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2k5 or BACKBREAKER? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: ESPN NFL 2k5 or BACKBREAKER?

BB seems like nothing more than a demo of the Euphoria engine.(To me, anyway).

2K5 is an established game WITH NFL TEAMS. The choice for me is obvious....
Old 03-28-2010, 01:04 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7

I had a 360 but it red ringed 2 times on me. If I got a new PS3 or 360 it would only be for BackBreaker, as I really only do sports gaming and there's nothing else that interests me on those besides BB. So, I'll probably be sticking with 2K5.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Backbreaker all the way. How can you say the players run too upright in BB? They do the same exact thing in 2k5. 2k5 was a great game and I still have it and play it every once in a while, but it has been showing its age. Players can turn on a dime in 2k5. I know people always talk about making the perfect cut in 2k5, but can you honestly do that every play? No, more times than not you will not cut up field, but turn up field in an unnatural way and maybe lose speed for 1/10th a second.

I will definitely be playing Backbreaker. I can't wait to see what the physics are like in a sports game. They were great in GTA IV and are a part of why I still play that game. Having every tackle be different will also be welcome. Now, I don't expect everything to be completely accurate like the pocket. But from what I have seen in the videos, it has done a better job than what Madden offered this year which is fine to me.

Backbreaker will be to me what 2k8 should have been. It will change sports games and how they play. Be it the camera angle or the animations on the fly, sports games will have a new direction to go. It will also have customization, something 2k8 lacked hard on. I just hope it plays as realistic as 2k8 which I believe it will get very close.

― Plato
Old 03-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #20
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

You know, we had this same sort of thread with Madden 10 and people are still here. No big deal. Play what you want. I own Madden and I even run a site for this game. I'll buy Backbreaker, cause I'm a sucker for anything with a football on it, but my guess is I'll eventually be right back here.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #21
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Backbreaker shows promise but usually these things don't go as well as you hope.I'll certainly try the game for my love of football and the next-gen experience that 2k8 didn't give us.2k8 had good gameplay but was more like an original Xbox game with downgraded features from 2k5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2010, 07:33 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
Backbreaker shows promise but usually these things don't go as well as you hope.I'll certainly try the game for my love of football and the next-gen experience that 2k8 didn't give us.2k8 had good gameplay but was more like an original Xbox game with downgraded features from 2k5.
yea definitely and completely true. but BB is going to be a completely different game but i just want to know what others think about BB competing with 2k5
Old 03-28-2010, 09:14 PM   #23
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan54matt
yea definitely and completely true. but BB is going to be a completely different game but i just want to know what others think about BB competing with 2k5
I supporting BB because it's new and different. I actually like the camera angles and the euphoria tackles a lot.

The perfect scenario for me tho is that BB is supported enough to get some sequels and it convinces 2k to make another game with a Forza editor and franchise mode as well. BB and 2k don't have to make yearly titles so they could alternate and not compete with one another.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:31 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I supporting BB because it's new and different. I actually like the camera angles and the euphoria tackles a lot.

The perfect scenario for me tho is that BB is supported enough to get some sequels and it convinces 2k to make another game with a Forza editor and franchise mode as well. BB and 2k don't have to make yearly titles so they could alternate and not compete with one another.
The PERRFEcT scenario .... i would love that and then being able to just have the pros here at OS can just make the rosters and so it would be perfect, there would be no need for yearly updates as you said

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »