Home

ESPN NFL 2k5 or BACKBREAKER?

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2k5 or BACKBREAKER? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 18
ESPN NFL 2k5 or BACKBREAKER?

which one will you guys play the most when BB comes out because it looks promising but would you guys choose this over 2K5? i am going to get BB and i think it looks really cool but i think that 2K5 is way ahead of every game but STILL, what do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: ESPN NFL 2k5 or BACKBREAKER?

I'll be buying Backbreaker on release day but whether or not it will be better than 2K5 wont be known until after I play it.

Personally, I think its going to be great and give 2K5 a run for its money but in the end, its going to be the lack of the NFL/FLPA licenses that makes it come up short.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12

I Have a feeling that Backbreaker is not going to be very good. I can't imagine not playing 2k5 and playing that instead. I will check it out on the boards when it comes out, but I think people are putting way to many eggs in the backbreaker basket. This exclusive deal with the NFL has made us all want a different football game so bad that we are ignoring issues that we would bitch about in hopes of backbreaker being good.
1. The player models look stupid (to me) Are there more then 3 sizes? Someone brought that issue up.
2. The QB throwing motion just looks "not right" I can't quite put my finger on it, but something is off.
3. No commentary. If Madden did this people would loose thier mind. I know this is backbreakers first game, but I wish they had commentary. Try playing 2k5 without it and see what you think, I did and it just felt weird.
4. Running style/form. They seem to run to far upright and there is a little juke move where it just looks unatrual. The running just doesn't look good.
5. Camera angle. I think there are multiple camera angles, but don't know for sure so this might not be a valid point, but I just don't like the camera angles from the video's I have seen.
6. NO PLAYERS ON SIDELINES!!!!!!!!! Just kidding, but I know I have read posts on these boards about lack of players on sidelines and how they don't have numbers, or helmet decals, etc. etc.

These are just some examples about why, after watching more videos, I am not that excited about this game as I thought I would be. I hate to say it for fear of being bashed, but I hope EA Sports uses the Natural Motion engine for Madden down the line. (or better yet, no more exclusive and 2k can, but that is a different post.

Hope I am wrong about this and the game becomes a cult hit like 2k5.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 03-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #4
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

I am truely amazed and shocked by what people are expecting. I cant understand how they put up with alot of the crap we have gotten from madden over the years then bash this game before its even released. The things they list of as their "issues" with the game are laughable.

I plan on buying BB on day one. It wont replace 2k5/2k8 for at least a year but probably more like 2. I would expect BB3 to finally put 2k5/2k8 and madden away. Guess what.... that will be about the time the license will be up.

The last few videos released are so much better then their first ones. We need to play the game before making your choice.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #5
Pro

Like I wrote in my last post, I hope I am wrong about this and the game becomes a cult hit like 2k5. I am sure I will buy this game when it comes out (not day one though), but I just don't think, in the long run, this game will be better then 2k5. With that said, hopefully I am wrong.
Are they going to make a BB2 and BB3? Has this been confirmed?
I don't think the issues I brought up are laughable, all I am saying is that the exclusive NFL deal has made us have to be so hopefull for a game that might not deliver what is hoped for.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #6
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
Are they going to make a BB2 and BB3? Has this been confirmed?
Youre wondering if they confirmed BB2 or BB3 and the first game hasnt even come out. Sales are going to determine everything. Patience will help alot and if support is strong enough on BB of course they will make a second game with all their improvements.

They know what needs to be done but they also knew people were calling their game vaporware and really starting to bash them hard. Honestly I look at this like its their demo more than a finished product. Hence why I have said multiple time in the BB threads my expectations are extremely low. They are rising fast with some of the new vidros they have released tho.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:35 PM   #7
Pro

I just mentioned BB2 and BB3 because you wrote you think by the time BB3 gets here that it will take over the market. I don't even think there will be a BB2, but we will find out. Alot of people are content with Madden and they won't buy this game because of not having NFL teams. Believe it or not, I am on your side, I just think that the expectations of this game are far more then what it will ever be. With that being said, there are issues, but every game has them. Again, my point is that the NFL exclusive deal has everyone so worked up and so thirsty for a different game other then Madden that you are happy to spend $50 on what you refer to as a demo.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:48 PM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I can't wait for BB12. I just know it's going to be good. I just know it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »