Home

Will ps2 version of ESPN 2k4...

This is a discussion on Will ps2 version of ESPN 2k4... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2003, 10:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Will ps2 version of ESPN 2k4...

Have slowdowns in gameplay? I still play 2k3 like crazy and all but, I don't like the slow downs in bit rate. Anyway, has the ps2's version been corrected? I heared all this stuff on new modes, player models, stats, etc. But I am scared that all of the new stuff they will put in will slow it down even more. So my question is, will the ps2 version of ESPN have a solid 60 fps or will it be the same and or worse than 2k3 with the lock ups?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2003, 10:37 PM   #2
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Re: Will ps2 version of ESPN...

I doubt if any of the football titles runs at 60fps. I could be wrong. I don't know about how the ps2 will handle ESPNFL. If the slowdown was there last year and they have added many features this year, than it is iffy at best.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, I don't know for sure if it has 60 fps, I just want VC to make whatever their fps to stay the same and not jump so much. And I sure the heck don't want to buy a X box to have smoothe Gameplay.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:46 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 32

It'll hopefully be stable. This probably isn't something that we'll know right now though. Improving frame rate is usually one of the last things in the development cycle.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:49 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

MarkyMac said:
Yeah, I don't know for sure if it has 60 fps, I just want VC to make whatever their fps to stay the same and not jump so much. And I sure the heck don't want to buy a X box to have smoothe Gameplay.

No, but you would want an XBox for everything else.
Harddrive,Sound,Graphics, & online.

Lets not forget Halo 2, Half Life, Fable, BC., Star Wars KOTOR.,Doom 3, Nba Inside Drive, XSN Sports, Games that support High Definition Tv resolutions, Downladeble content, Ninja Gaiden, Xbo music mixer, & basically every game that will look + run smoother then the PS2 hardware.

Every sports game runs at 60fps, if the Ps2 had dipps it was just they did'nt optimize the code very well.

Best case scenario don't hate the XBox, because you wil definately notice the difference when you own one

, peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2003, 05:44 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Tears2040 said:
Quote:

MarkyMac said:

No, but you would want an XBox for everything else.
Harddrive,Sound,Graphics, & online.

Lets not forget Halo 2, Half Life, Fable, BC., Star Wars KOTOR.,Doom 3, Nba Inside Drive, XSN Sports, Games that support High Definition Tv resolutions, Downladeble content, Ninja Gaiden, Xbo music mixer, & basically every game that will look + run smoother then the PS2 hardware.

Every sports game runs at 60fps, if the Ps2 had dipps it was just they did'nt optimize the code very well.

Best case scenario don't hate the XBox, because you wil definately notice the difference when you own one

, peace

i bought nfl 2k3 for ps2 last year and took it back the next week then in december i got it for Xbox and there's a major difference. i will never buy a multi platform game on ps2 ever again

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »