Home

Visual Guide of Formations

This is a discussion on Visual Guide of Formations within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2010, 03:54 AM   #1
Rookie

pants_face's Arena

OVR: 1
Visual Guide of Formations

I made this chart of all the formations to help me quickly pick what formations I want in my playbooks. It shows where each position stands in every formation of the game (except special teams). Just recently decided to upload it... Hope someone else finds this useful!

Formations Guide pdf
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
Stambot is loading...

tbbucsfan001's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Visual Guide of Formations

awesome, man
“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human” - Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground
Old 06-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

pants_face, I've been playing 2k5 for years and have always enjoyed creating my own playbook. Thank you very much for taking the time to make a pdf that includes the formations and listing which playbooks contain certain formations. Now my packer 'chise can be even more complete. It'll be a lot easier to find that QB draw from QB under center empty formation for Aaron Rodgers.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:39 AM   #4
Rookie

pants_face's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim02
pants_face, I've been playing 2k5 for years and have always enjoyed creating my own playbook. Thank you very much for taking the time to make a pdf that includes the formations and listing which playbooks contain certain formations. Now my packer 'chise can be even more complete. It'll be a lot easier to find that QB draw from QB under center empty formation for Aaron Rodgers.
YOU'RE WELCOME! I'm really glad that I am not the only one using this... and I always wondered if I was. It took me forever to put together, so it's really good to hear that it helps out.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:02 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pants_face
YOU'RE WELCOME! I'm really glad that I am not the only one using this... and I always wondered if I was. It took me forever to put together, so it's really good to hear that it helps out.
I know this is an old post/thread, but I really appreciate the work you've done with this. I exclusively just bought 2K5 and a 360 just for this game.

This is gonna come in very handy when I make my Playbook!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 03:01 AM   #6
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

This is awesome definitely will use this. Great job.

Last edited by steelers99_58_36; 07-16-2014 at 03:05 AM.
Old 02-27-2022, 06:22 PM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

I love the guide. It has been helpful. Finally broke down and bought a refurbished XBox after the hard drive in my old XBox died, and been playing 2k5.

Some things that are missing in the Defense section are the Nickel and Dime for teams that use a 3-4 base defense (Chargers, Patriots, Ravens Steelers, and Texans).

For these teams, they are running a 3-3 Nickel and a 3-2 Dime, rather than the 4-2 Nickel and 4-1 Dime. Titans have a Dime Odd formation, which is the 3-2 Dime.

The Bills are a 4-3 team, but they have also a 3-3 formation, which is basically a Nickel Odd and a 3-2 formation, which is a Dime Odd. Seems like a versatile defense book.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »