Home

Defensive Hot routes

This is a discussion on Defensive Hot routes within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Defensive Hot routes

Is there a way to do defensive hot routes with the xbox version? Doesn't seem so but i could be missing something...what about slide blocking protection? Im playing on xbox 360 btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 01:13 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Defensive Hot routes

no. You can assign a defensive player to play a man specifically or zone, or blitz pre-snap, and you can adjust the DBs to back off coverage, press coverage, play inside or outside. What's really neat is you can mix these too. I've found it to be really helpful when I have athletic & strong cornerbacks to play inside press coverage on the outside WRs. It makes the QB have to throw over both players to the outside shoulder of the WR for a catch. The computer QBs struggle with this and it can frustrate some human players too online. Fun

For offense, if I know a weakside backer is coming on a blitz, you can't have the OL hot-read him and catch him, but you can keep a back in to block, or you can set a TE to block, then motion the TE over to pick up the blitzer. This works great IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »