Home

My impressions of the beta verion of ESPN NFL Football (Please READ)

This is a discussion on My impressions of the beta verion of ESPN NFL Football (Please READ) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 02:37 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: My impressions of the beta verion of ESPN NFL Football (Please READ)

wow, i'm really lookin forward to it this year. every beta tester that's posted here or other places has loved the game, and it's not even complete. Sept. 2nd cant come soon enough....
Old 07-16-2003, 02:47 PM   #50
MVP

Kodiak33's Arena

OVR: 8

I'll have to check replays and such to see any. I'm pretty sure FP will be an online mode. Hell, we haven't seen any of the online part yet so I'm sure its there. Maybe not franchise but....
Old 07-16-2003, 02:49 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanx for your impressions. I have a few questions?

1) Can you scramble w/ running QB's?

2) In third-person is the juke used w/ the right analog? Is the juke more effective?

3) Are there seperate swat & defensive strafe buttons(ala Madden)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2003, 02:53 PM   #52
MVP

Kodiak33's Arena

I scrambled with Garcia and I got some yardage. Check up top, juke is used with L and R triggers. Not sure about strafing, but you use L and R triggers for swat and interception (L is swat, R is interception). It teaches you this in the training camp mode. I'll try some Vick action tonight I suppose.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:01 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 3

can you give us some more complaints about the game, compared to last year like how the dbs were always making bone head plays like jumping straight up for the pass on a pass play instead of covering there man. How the over middle passes and out passes were always wide open. And how alot of times running backs would always bounce off the first tackler even smaller backs. How about how the player moves in the world does the runners seem to have more momentum when running ala madden or is it still cut on a dime running which I really dont mind?

Either way Im still getting this game over madden especially for single player, just bored and wondering if you could elaborate.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:09 PM   #54
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:

Kodiak33 said:
I scrambled with Garcia and I got some yardage. Check up top, juke is used with L and R triggers. Not sure about strafing, but you use L and R triggers for swat and interception (L is swat, R is interception). It teaches you this in the training camp mode. I'll try some Vick action tonight I suppose.

So swatting the ball down and making an attempt at an interception are now mapped to separate buttons/triggers on the controller? Hmmm... interesting change there.

Thanks for posting your impressions and answering questions, Kodiak33.

Kruza
Old 07-16-2003, 03:09 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

Try out Steve McNair also for the TITANS and see if they have him scrabling good 2 man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2003, 03:11 PM   #56
MVP

Kodiak33's Arena

I really can't complain too much haha. Like I said before I haven't seen the DBs jump up too early or anything stupid like that. I noticed that in 2K3. Running seems improved and more realistic. I've tackled Emmitt Smith in the backfield for 2 or 3 yard losses. The have more momentum running, they lean left and right when running and they have to slow down or stop to turn it seems. I'll try to move left and right to see how it turns completely. Like I said, 2K3 annoyed the [censored you naughty boy] out of me but it gets alot of the little things right this time and no glaring problems so far. Remember, ive only played 3 complete games.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »